Pitch Shifter (Pitch.Ax)

tonemangler

Hello all, I remember,  in the earlier Sonar days, using a simple pitch shifter plugin that came with Sonar. I tracked it down on an old laptop which has Sonar 8.5 installed. In the Shared Plugins folders is the file "Pitch.Ax".  Does anyone know what the Ax extension means and is it compatible with CbB?  I'm thinking it's probably 32 bit only and not compatible, but I thought I would ask.  Sometimes a simple pitch shifter is handy to have. Thanks.

It is a DX plug-in.

Sonar_1-1011.jpg

Run an advanced install of the 64bit version of SONAR 8.5 to install the plug-in.

I just checked and it runs OK in CbB.

"Time/Pitch Stretch 2" plug-in

26.jpg

has a better pitch shift algorithm but cannot be inserted in FX Racks. It can only be destructively applied. I am not sure if this is available as a separate install from the advanced pick list. It may require installing the DAW to get it. The Stretch.Ax installs in the DAW program folder itself.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, scook said:

It is a DX plug-in.

Run an advanced install of the 64bit version of SONAR 8.5 to install the plug-in.

I just checked and it runs OK in CbB.

Thanks scook. I'm sure I have the original installation CD for Sonar 8.5 somewhere.  Does advanced install mean I can choose to install just that particular plugin or do I have to install the complete SONAR 8.5 application? I guess I can't simply copy the file from my old laptop and paste it into the CbB plugin folder, can I?

The advanced install gives you the option to install the parts you want. but as I noted above, you may want to perform a minimal install of SONAR 8.5 to get the "Time/Pitch Stretch 2" along with whatever plug-ins you want to add from SONAR 8.5.

If you do decide to install any version of SONAR after CbB,

• uninstall CbB first,
  • then install SONAR
  • and re-install CbB.

This is needed to insure the "Shared" folders are current. Note: this is only necessary when actually installing the DAW. Running an advanced install and selecting just plug-ins from the pick list does not require the uninstall/reinstall steps.

Copy and paste may work but I have never bothered with it as advanced install is so easy and always works.

If you do elect to copy and paste, remember DX plug-ins must be registered as administrator using regsvr32 in order to be picked up by the DAW.

• Like 1

@scook Thanks for the help, hopefully I can get it to work without any problems.  Funny how I didn't see the images or your comment on the "Time/Pitch Shift" plugin from  your first response.  I never used that particular plugin so maybe I'll just do an advanced install of just the Pitch Shifter.  I think I will make an image before I attempt anything though,  just in case.  Thanks again, Cheers!