Sign in to follow this  
Douglas Kirby

Don't See A Way Out

Hey Douglas, wow those drums are crackin' in that intro - reverb sounds great -- but then during the song they lose some of the punch.  To me, it sounds like the heavy use of reverb throughout the mix is making the overall sound a bit mushy.  I like your sneering vox and the chord changes from verse to chorus.  Oh, that rhyme of "annoyed" and "toy"  -- good one.~~Allan

• Like 1

Cool country rocking.  Being a sucker for reverb, I can appreciate the use of the 'verb.  The intro especially but all of the guitar work sounds great.  Vox and harmony also sound good.

Nice one!!

• Like 1

This has a cool grungy vibe that has Indie written all over it.  I like your consistency and confidence.  You are a prolific talent!

• Like 2

Hi Doug
Great rockin' tune and guitar work. Have you ever tried making a music video?  I think your lyrics would make a good story in a video.

• Like 1

Generally a great tune @Douglas Kirby I do think it would benefit from backing off the reverb in places, like the verse.  But your tune your mix which works as is.

Thanks for sharing.

23 hours ago, Lynn said:

like your consistency and confidence.  You are a prolific talent!

I couldn't have said it better!

More Doug being Doug 👍

t

• Like 1

Hi Doug

Like this, definitely catches the grungy vibe - and again, like your guitar work

Cool

Nigel

• Like 1

ABull - I put the Waves CLA-3A on the drum buss - it gave a certain sound to the AD2 drum kit that I liked. Regarding the verb, I used Overloud's REmatrix reverb on the vocals and on the master bus - for this song I thought the heavy reverb worked. I usually am conservative with reverb on my mixes but I like to experiment a bit. Thanks for listening to my tune and I'm glad you liked it.

freddy j - Thanks for listening and commenting on my tune - I appreciate it.

Lynn - You're comments are very kind - thank you.

bjornpdx - I've never thought about making a video - it's a good idea. Thanks for listening to my tune.

Wookiee - I'm glad you liked the song - thanks for listening.

DeeringAmps - Hi Tom - thanks for listeing - I appreciate it.

Bajan Blue - Hi Nigel - thanks for listening and for commenting.

Posted (edited)

Hey douglas,   Your recordings are all so  well done.   I listened to the two songs following it, too.  Your songs have a jam feel to them, which I can relate to from playing in bands.  They're all just the right length, you know how to write a good song.

Edited by David Sprouse
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, David Sprouse said:

Hey douglas,   Your recordings are all so  well done.   I listened to the two songs following it, too.  Your songs have a jam feel to them, which I can relate to from playing in bands.  They're all just the right length, you know how to write a good song.

Hi David - thanks for listening and for your comments - I appreciate it. I think I've developed a mixing style for my tunes - the jam feel you mention.