Don't See A Way Out

Douglas Kirby

Hey Douglas, wow those drums are crackin' in that intro - reverb sounds great -- but then during the song they lose some of the punch.  To me, it sounds like the heavy use of reverb throughout the mix is making the overall sound a bit mushy.  I like your sneering vox and the chord changes from verse to chorus.  Oh, that rhyme of "annoyed" and "toy"  -- good one.~~Allan

• Like 1

ABull - I put the Waves CLA-3A on the drum buss - it gave a certain sound to the AD2 drum kit that I liked. Regarding the verb, I used Overloud's REmatrix reverb on the vocals and on the master bus - for this song I thought the heavy reverb worked. I usually am conservative with reverb on my mixes but I like to experiment a bit. Thanks for listening to my tune and I'm glad you liked it.

freddy j - Thanks for listening and commenting on my tune - I appreciate it.

Lynn - You're comments are very kind - thank you.

bjornpdx - I've never thought about making a video - it's a good idea. Thanks for listening to my tune.

Wookiee - I'm glad you liked the song - thanks for listening.

DeeringAmps - Hi Tom - thanks for listeing - I appreciate it.

Bajan Blue - Hi Nigel - thanks for listening and for commenting.

Hey douglas,   Your recordings are all so  well done.   I listened to the two songs following it, too.  Your songs have a jam feel to them, which I can relate to from playing in bands.  They're all just the right length, you know how to write a good song.

Edited by David Sprouse
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, David Sprouse said:

Hey douglas,   Your recordings are all so  well done.   I listened to the two songs following it, too.  Your songs have a jam feel to them, which I can relate to from playing in bands.  They're all just the right length, you know how to write a good song.

Hi David - thanks for listening and for your comments - I appreciate it. I think I've developed a mixing style for my tunes - the jam feel you mention.