step sequencer and loop construction grayed out and can't use

Cannimagine

Question

5 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Cannimagine said:

When I try to use the step sequencer or loop construction view they are light grey and not available. Does anybody know how to enable them?

Since they are grayed out as opposed to missing, Step 1 might not be relevant.  Maybe Step 2?  What kind of track are you working on?

Updates to my previous post:

• I was able to select loop construction after I highlighted a section of audio in an audio track.
  • I was able to select step sequencer after I added a blank midi track or a soft synth / instrument track.

Edited by User 905133
to underscore the different types of tracks mentioned (related to the Q: "What kind of track are you working on?" per Step 2 in the "Diagnosing Missing Features" thread.
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

• I was able to select loop construction after I highlighted a section of audio in an audio track.
  • I was able to select step sequencer after I added a blank midi track or a soft synth / instrument track.

^^^ This

Both views need the appropriate starter to enabled them.

The Loop Construction View needs an existing audio selection to load in the view.

The Step Sequencer needs a container for the clip it creates.

On 6/26/2020 at 2:09 PM, User 905133 said:

The information on the loop contruction is correct. I have a midi track and the loop contruction track view was unclickable. In order to make it an audio file in a midi track I pressed the snowflake button next to the solo and mute button on the track to turn it into an audio/synth file and was able to access the loop construction after. Many thanks to you, User 905133.

• Like 1