Aux Tracks and Patch Points Explained

Robert McClellan

Cakewalk has had a lot of innovative ideas over the years. Aux tracks and patch points are no exception. These powerful tools can be used for a lot of creativity. However the question that keeps coming up is, "What is the difference between an Aux track, a Bus, and a Patch Point in Cakewalk. 

Well, in this video I hope to explain just that and show some practical applications of how to use them in Cakewalk by BandLab! 

• Like 4

Everything was too fast. I tried to sloow down to 0.5 speed but the voice sounded too absurd so i skipped it.

For native listeners the speed of the talk is probably fine.

But the speed when doing things in the daw is a bit too fast. For me at least.

Good idea though. 👍

@Robert McClellan,  Excellent subject to cover. 

I'm with @Kurre about the video pacing being a little too fast.  You may find this link helpful:  https://clearly-speaking.com/what-is-the-ideal-rate-of-speech/   I understand the need to be brief but not at the risk of reducing comprehension.      One thought comes to mind that might help.  Why not post video links in the description that point to the beginning timeline of each topic.    That way viewers can watch the whole video to gain an appreciation for the overall video then click on links to be directed to specific topics.  It would make it much easier for a viewer to repeat a section as many times as they need to.

I assume you did not provide any audio demonstrations until the very last section of the video for brevity.  Every section was "here's how to set this up" then you advanced to the next subject.  Providing audible demonstrations helps you and the viewer in two ways, the audio verifies the end result of the change and the few seconds of audio gives the viewer time to mentally absorb what they viewed.

Robert,

Thanks for adding the timestamps.  I apologize for not seeing them the first time.  That really helps me to lock in some concepts.  Sometimes I have to repeat a section multiple times before the light bulb turns on!  🤪

Your videos are enlightening.  I'd advice anyone that hasn't visited your YouTube Channel or website to do so as there is a wealth of information available in either location.

Edited by Jim Fogle
  • Thanks 1