Sign in to follow this  
Doug Champion

Non-Internet Version

I would like a non-internet related version of Cakewalk. I use the internet as little as possible and these new versions are just buggy, resource hogs. Give me something I can use not a bunch little disfuntional, Windows 10 useless dashboard  technology. Be smart. Do not buy into the Windows 10 *****-ology concept programming that is now being employed.

9 hours ago, Doug Champion said:

I would like a non-internet related version of Cakewalk. I use the internet as little as possible and these new versions are just buggy, resource hogs. Give me something I can use not a bunch little disfuntional, Windows 10 useless dashboard  technology. Be smart. Do not buy into the Windows 10 *****-ology concept programming that is now being employed.

Your post seems more like a rant than a feature request.

• Like 1

The May early release has an offline activation feature.  Adding the feature requires an update to BandLab Assistant (BA) and Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB).  You will still need a computer with access to the internet but the computer running Cakewalk by BandLab doesn't have to be online. 

CbB offloads an authorization request to removable memory.  Place the removable memory into the online computer with BA.  BA runs the authorization request, receives a re-authorization response and offloads the authorization response to removable memory.  The authorization response is loaded to CbB.

On 5/22/2020 at 6:40 AM, chuckebaby said:

Your post seems more like a rant than a feature request.

One might well ponder its expected efficacy in regard to encouraging those reading it to feel enthused about attracting users of a similar ilk to their DAW platform.