An Old Song to Cheer You Up!

Jerry Gerber

Well since we are not supposed to get political on the threads I won't go into details. All I'll say is they all lie and the alternative this time doesn't look much better to me nuf said. I never vote for anyone based on the person. I vote based mainly on the POLICY. Not everyone is on the vote Trump away side. In fact he has a good chance of making it again.. 

44 minutes ago, Starise said:

Well since we are not supposed to get political on the threads I won't go into details. All I'll say is they all lie and the alternative this time doesn't look much better to me nuf said. I never vote for anyone based on the person. I vote based mainly on the POLICY. Not everyone is on the vote Trump away side. In fact he has a good chance of making it again.. 

It's a wonderful and clever parody.   It's a song....

Edited by jsg
No politics.

31 minutes ago, Starise said:

The only psychopathic buffons are the cry babies that can't give a fair election a rest and still haven't gotten over it.  Some people love to hate...yes that's you. And they try to make it funny. It isn't funny to me.

Buffoon is spelled incorrectly.  

Edited by jsg
No politics.

34 minutes ago, Starise said:

OK.  I removed my "Ha Ha." For the record, I also vote for individuals, not really based on the person, because I really don't know any politicians personally; I just know the persona of the characters they play based on how they present themselves to their various publics.   

20 minutes ago, Starise said:

The only psychopathic buffons are the cry babies that can't give a fair election a rest and still haven't gotten over it.  Some people love to hate...yes that's you. And they try to make it funny. It isn't funny to me.

Uh oh.  I already removed the "Ha Ha" but then this came in when I was about to post my reply.

The song is a parody--in essence social commentary on a caricature . . . 

Quadruple UH OH!!!! After the last post, I'd better just post this before the thread either gets really nasty or closed.

Edited by User 905133
to fix a typo: changed "close" to "closed"

What ever...........I already wasted my time listening to it. No more. Someone else can comment Music should be fun and positive. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it ;)

If you think bashing another human being no matter how much you disagree with them is fun, I'm not into that. I never will be.

17 hours ago, jsg said:

It's a song....

Yep!
Came thru on my wife's facebook feed (I don't "book"), so I had seen it already.
Ray Stevens with a message...

t

Actually there is a very interesting documentary on how the royalties on Lion were stolen.
Kind of like Richard Berry giving away ownership of Louie Louie; well he did get $750 - that was a "steal".
I'll post a link if I can find it.

17 hours ago, Starise said:

If you think bashing another human being no matter how much you disagree with them is fun, I'm not into that. I never will be.

I am not sure if your comment was a response to my post, but I agree--I hold politicians and media personalities (among others) who "bash" others for the sake of sensational ratings, self-promotion, political "points," ego aggrandizement, personal profit, etc. in very low esteem.

• Like 1

I love parodies. 

Politicians and presidents certainly have been subjects of parodies for as long as I can remember.  The first one I can remember as a wee bit of a kid was the teasing about Camelot and President Kennedy.  I guess, if you are going to be a public personality, a thick skin should be a requirement.  However, I must add that hateful rhetoric and intentional misdirection must be avoided.

BTW (for what it's worth) I have 3 primary standards for judging those for whom I vote:  1) Character, 2) Policies, and 3) previous actions.

3 hours ago, freddy j said:

I love parodies. 

Politicians and presidents certainly have been subjects of parodies for as long as I can remember.  The first one I can remember as a wee bit of a kid was the teasing about Camelot and President Kennedy.  I guess, if you are going to be a public personality, a thick skin should be a requirement.  However, I must add that hateful rhetoric and intentional misdirection must be avoided.

BTW (for what it's worth) I have 3 primary standards for judging those for whom I vote:  1) Character, 2) Policies, and 3) previous actions.

I would add where the politician gets their money from.  That directly relates to how and why they set policy.   By previous actions I assume you also mean voting record,  which is essentially a history of their policies.   We'd better quit while we're ahead because when the conversations turn political the censors begin their censoring!!

• Great Idea 1