SOLVED: MIDI track channel button missing

Dave G

EDIT:

Please delete this thread. Issue solved by changing the Widget Filter from Custom to All.

I inserted a Simple TTS-1 MIDI instrument track. I quickly realized that I cannot change the track's Channel number...anywhere.

Where is my Channel widget button? How do I select/change channel numbers for my MIDI track? Thanks in advance.

Screenshot attached.

TTS.JPG

Edited by Dave G

4 hours ago, Terry Kelley said:

I'm not sure why it flips to Custom but it messes me up. I can set it to All and at some point it will change. I suspect it might be a hot key I am hitting when I fail to make a text window change for typing. Hilarity ensues.

EDIT: Temporarily withdrawn pending further exploration.  See the post below for details.

Could be related to workspaces.  I have tested using "None" as a workspace and "All" as my track/widget control preset/filter.  "None" [workspace] seems to return "All" [track widget control] fairly consistently.  If I switch to a different workspace, it [the track widget control/filter] will usually change based on the workspace being restored since I have chosen to make my custom workspaces behave that way.

I am not sure how the factory workspaces are set up with regard to the "widget filter," but from what others have advised, if you tend to use a certain factory workspace [e.g., Basic, Advanced], you should be able to change things and then resave the workspace.  I don't know if the widget filter gets stored and reloaded with workspaces.  Did you test that?   

Screenshots forthcoming to show sample widgets based on personal workspaces (maybe they will help).

image.png.b002d84d8a0110aa02e794cc4e4594cf.png    image.png.3a319ef7c420d98a4b869fc24b0a47dc.pngimage.png.6c0c25c800edd3fefdd58a84c2fa7c85.png    

Edited by User 905133
(3) to temporarily suspend the comments pending further exploration; (2) semantic/syntactical corrections done; (1) to add some sample images based on custom workspaces/None

AFAIK, workspaces can not change the Track Control drop down to Custom but SHIFT+left/right arrow will scroll though the values.

WRT the OP, the MIDI channel drop down is displayed for Track 2 in the image even though the Track Control drop down is set to Custom. Giving Track 1 focus will display the MIDI channel drop down for it (when the MIDI tab is active).

9 hours ago, scook said:

AFAIK, workspaces can not change the Track Control drop down to Custom but SHIFT+left/right arrow will scroll though the values.

WRT the OP, the MIDI channel drop down is displayed for Track 2 in the image even though the Track Control drop down is set to Custom. Giving Track 1 focus will display the MIDI channel drop down for it (when the MIDI tab is active).

Since the OP's issue was solved, I erred with my reply to the second question. 

I need to revisit my prior understanding of the relationship between specific workspaces, the "None" workspace, the track control manager, and visible widgets. I am not sure I said anything wrong, but maybe I failed to consider some things.  I will correct the post as needed.

One of my assumptions (which I will explore further) was that in essence, when the Track Controller manager said "[Workspaces]" that meant my widgets were in effect customized per my specific custom workspace.

Thus, I thought my second and third workspace screen shots ("=== MIDI" and "LISTEN+EDIT") were showing how specific custom workspaces could be used to get in effect customized widget configurations.  I could be wrong and/or I could have over look other things because I did not test a full set of possibilities.  

Another assumption (which I will also explore further) was that the "None" workspace pulled up prior settings based on a number of things [possibly like a "last state" set of UI settings].

This and my previous post really belongs to a different thread.  

EDIT: After additional exploration, my observations seem  accurate; however, (1) they are incomplete and more importantly (2) they do not directly address either the first question or the second implied question [Why does the track control change to Custom?] .

Edited by User 905133
to stress that my posts erroneously address questions not asked