tdehan

The above Audio/MIDI device was disconnected from your system?

I had to flatten and rebuild my Windows 10 PC recently.  After re-installing Cakewalk I keep getting the following message when playing a MIDI file.   What does this mean, and how do I fix this so it stops coming up?    Thanks!

Capture.PNG.fbe26fd1434f0bdb971fe7c135adf90a.PNG

I would really appreciate some assistance with this pop up that keeps happening since re-installing Cakewalk.  Regardless of whether I click YES or NO the window continually pops up.  It doesn't appear to affect anything however, i would really like to find out why this is happening and stop it as it is annoying as heckl

Thanks

Hi tdehan,

This is usually associated with your drivers (and you may have to change driver mode).  What sound card and/or MIDI interface are you using?

Kind regards,

tecknot

If you do not use it, disable the "High Definition Audio Device" in Windows Device Manager.

If not using any hardware synths or do not plan to send MIDI to hardware synths, make sure all MIDI output devices are deselected in preferences. This will let CbB automatically setup TTS-1 when opening MIDI files.

• Like 1

This issue has never happened before.  This only started after I recently and to flatten the computer and re-install Windows 10.  I've never had any issues prior with Cakewalk.  However, both Bandlab Cakewalk and Sonar 3 Cakewalk are throwing the same message.

I've never had to do anything special with Cakewalk settings prior so don't know why this is happening now.

5 hours ago, tecknot said:

Hi tdehan,

This is usually associated with your drivers (and you may have to change driver mode).  What sound card and/or MIDI interface are you using?

Kind regards,

tecknot

Both High Definition Audio Device and NVIDIA High Definition Audio are listed.

Capture.PNG.2b8b2ffed21b9b8b675e669e19b81787.PNG

Ok, hopefully I fixed the issue.  I updated the High Definition Audio Device to Realtek High Definition Audio and that appears to have fixed the issue.