Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Matthew Sorrels

Beat Magazine 05/2020 two AAS soundbanks, T-Racks ONE module 1.99euro

Recommended Posts

While it's kind of tricky if you don't speak German you can get the digital version of the latest issue of Beat magazine here:

https://www.falkemedia-shop.de/sound/beat/beat-05/2020?number=

(be sure to pick the digital version) you can pay with Paypal, came to like $2.24 US with all the fees.  Then once you download the magazine PDF (use Google Translate to help with the translation of pages so you can figure out how to get the PDF, it's kind of tricky) you can then go to two websites to download the DVD content and to the Beat serial center where you have to answer a question by providing a word on pages in the magazine (again Google Translate is your friend).  The serial center will email you the codes and/or passwords you need.

You get a link to AAS with a code that lets you choose 2 soundpacks (I am/was missing exactly 2 -- Masala 2 and Tropical Jam which it let me pick).  You can also get a IK Multimedia code for  T-RackS ONE (which I already had) and some passwords for the files from the DVD content.  The DVD content includes the BE versions of Xhun Little One, Geist Lite, Thorn Solo and some Zampler Eternal Drones.  Some other demo stuff too.  Nothing I cared much about though.

Not a bad deal really and unlike in the past you can pay with Paypal and can do it with an all digital download.  You just have to figure out the German webpages for registering and accessing.

Link to Google Translate: https://translate.google.com/

You can copy and paste text into it to get a translation.  For the magazine itself I used the Google Translate app on my phone and it's camera to translate.  The serial center is http://www.serialcenter.de and the DVD download URL is http://www.bit.ly/BeatDL173

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

While it's kind of tricky if you don't speak German you can get the digital version of the latest issue of Beat magazine here:

https://www.falkemedia-shop.de/sound/beat/beat-05/2020?number=

(be sure to pick the digital version) you can pay with Paypal, came to like $2.24 US with all the fees.  Then once you download the magazine PDF (use Google Translate to help with the translation of pages so you can figure out how to get the PDF, it's kind of tricky) you can then go to two websites to download the DVD content and to the Beat serial center where you have to answer a question by providing a word on pages in the magazine (again Google Translate is your friend).  The serial center will email you the codes and/or passwords you need.

You get a link to AAS with a code that lets you choose 2 soundpacks (I am/was missing exactly 2 -- Masala 2 and Tropical Jam which it let me pick).  You can also get a IK Multimedia code for  T-RackS ONE (which I already had) and some passwords for the files from the DVD content.  The DVD content includes the BE versions of Xhun Little One, Geist Lite, Thorn Solo and some Zampler Eternal Drones.  Some other demo stuff too.  Nothing I cared much about though.

Not a bad deal really and unlike in the past you can pay with Paypal and can do it with an all digital download.  You just have to figure out the German webpages for registering and accessing.

Link to Google Translate: https://translate.google.com/

You can copy and paste text into it to get a translation.  For the magazine itself I used the Google Translate app on my phone and it's camera to translate.  The serial center is http://www.serialcenter.de and the DVD download URL is http://www.bit.ly/BeatDL173

 

Great instructions Matthew, thanks for going to all this trouble. 👍

Worked fine and I even remembered some of my O Level German although it's going back a bit now :) 
Also, on the current version of Chrome it detects the non-native language and automatically offers to translate. It also gives a check-box to always translate German pages.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, ZincT said:

I even remembered some of my O Level German although it's going back a bit now

Haben sie ein gummibaum in der badezimmer?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, paulo said:

Haben sie ein gummibaum in der badezimmer?

 

Ich habe einen riesigen Gummibaum im Bad, der ihn kaufen möchte? 

Edited by aidan o driscoll
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really should have tried Chrome but I'm always scared that using translate on actual web pages while ordering will mess something up.  Beat is actually a nice magazine with some great bonus content.  Well sometimes at least.  And now I think you can actually get it without having to deal with shipping and bank transfers (unlike way back in 2015 when I had to subscribe to the print version and pay with TransferWise because they didn't take credit cards).  I lived in Germany as a young child but sadly didn't really learn much, if any, German.  Google Translate's camera mode on phones is pretty amazing to let you read printed magazines though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, aidan o driscoll said:

Ich habe einen riesigen Gummibaum im Bad, der ihn kaufen möchte?

Nein.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, paulo said:

Haben sie ein gummibaum in der badezimmer?

Nein, aber mein Postillion wurde vom Blitz getroffen 🙃

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Paypal shows I paid 1.99 Euro but falkemedia shop still shows I have not purchased any downloadable media.  How long do I have to wait for the funds to transfer to them overseas?

Note: when making an account there was no option to select the USA, so I selected Germany but I used my Texas address. Think that makes any difference?

I received the email saying I setup the account (I think that's what it says).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks again for these posts. I now officially have every AAS soundbank known to man.  And woman. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I can't fix the country on my Falkemedia account either and because I used PayPal it didn't seem to credit it to my Falkemedia account at all.  But I did receive an email when you follow the link it had a download the PDF button, but it required being logged out of my Falkemedia account to access it.  It was very confusing (and not in English). 

Also strange the PDF invoices they sent me today show I paid 7% VAT (which is the right amount for PA sales tax) and they adjusted the price of the product so that with the 7% VAT tax it still came to 1.99 euros.  Which seems kind of flaky to me.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That was a lot of work. Are there any free apps that translate a pdf without copy/paste?  I know I get the toys but if appears to be a good read,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As for DVD content CM just blows them all away. This one had a lot of junk and 32 bit only plugins. I'd forgotten about Zampler.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you very much!

@Matthew Sorrels I definitely would not have ventured into getting this if it hadn't been for your post

For me just the 2 AAS packs of my choice for 2 EUR is an awesome deal, the rest is extra bonus. One of these days I need to play around figuring out how to put those GB's of wav's to good use in Falcon and/or HALion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And here I was, thinking that Germans were very structured and organized, but this adventure of getting a reclaim link to AAS from Beat Magazine has made me think otherwise. It only resulted in a measly six emails from Falke Media/Beat Magazine, nähmlich:

  • Ihre bestellung bei falkemedia
  • Ihr Download-Link für falkemedia
  • Serialcenter – Registrierung
  • Serialcenter – Software-Aktivierung
  • Dokumente zur Bestellung 999999999 (and only two of those)

I would have expected a lot more emails than that if the national caricature of Germans would have been true.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, ZincT said:

Nein, aber mein Postillion wurde vom Blitz getroffen 🙃

Meine Großmutter war ein postbeamt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...