mp3 metronome sync

Mp3 is not a suitable format in this case. It is not sample accurate and AFAIK must be converted back to a wav before any DAW can use it.

If you need an export to sync back to the metronome use wav files. As you have discovered wav files work as expected.

• Great Idea 1

Yes, MP3 encoding always adds some 'dead air' to the front of the stream like that.  Simply slip-editing that away, and dragging the file back to zero will make it useable for collaborating with other musicians (assuming that's the issue), but it's best to use .WAVs if you have the bandwidth.

• Great Idea 1

2 hours ago, David Baay said:

Yes, MP3 encoding always adds some 'dead air' to the front of the stream like that.  Simply slip-editing that away, and dragging the file back to zero will make it useable for collaborating with other musicians (assuming that's the issue), but it's best to use .WAVs if you have the bandwidth.

@scook

It's cakewalk bug

Because I've export many mp3s in Cubase and logic and there isn't any problem with that daws. 

I use mp3 file for send to my bandsmate

For example send backing track for drummer

And wave file size is not suitable for sending with internet

However it's a bug and cakewalk should solve it  (of course if they claim to be professional) 

Edited by user6808463577169165

1 hour ago, user6808463577169165 said:

@scook

It's cakewalk bug

Because I've export many mp3s in Cubase and logic and there isn't any problem with that daws. 

I use mp3 file for send to my bandsmate

For example send backing track for drummer

And wave file size is not suitable for sending with internet

However it's a bug and cakewalk should solve it  (of course if they claim to be professional) 

It's not a bug it's part of the MP3 codec specification that there are 'padding bits'

See here for more detailed info :  https://lame.sourceforge.io/tech-FAQ.txt

Use WMA instead..they are smaller and don't have the issue.  

20 minutes ago, CosmicDolphin said:

It's not a bug it's part of the MP3 codec specification that there are 'padding bits'

See here for more detailed info :  https://lame.sourceforge.io/tech-FAQ.txt

Use WMA instead..they are smaller and don't have the issue.  

So why Cubase mp3 codec doesn't have this padding bits? 

And can i change sonar mp3 codec? (remove lame and install another codec) 

On 3/24/2020 at 8:14 PM, user6808463577169165 said:

So why Cubase mp3 codec doesn't have this padding bits? 

And can i change sonar mp3 codec? (remove lame and install another codec) 

No idea about the other DAWs...I'm not a Cubase user.  If I do collabs these days we just send Wavs back and forth ( in Dropbox ) but back in the day before broadband and fibre we used WMA and it works just fine ( unless you are collabing with a Mac user )

Yes you can change the MP codec I believe.  I've never actually done it and I wouldn't honestly know if the others will cure your issue as I've always avoided having other people track to MP3's for this very reason.  All I know is it's well known among everyone on my old collab board so we always used WMA.  And those that didn't had tracks all slightly outta time !