Sign in to follow this  
NeedMoreGuitars

Some vsts don't show up in cakewalk

Some vsts aren't showing up in cakewalk such as Safe plugins and OTT by xfer records. They are in normal vst folders and cakewalk scans them but they are not showing up for me. 

I just installed the v1.31 64bit Safe plug-ins from http://www.semanticaudio.co.uk/projects/download/

They scan and load OK in CbB.

What is the complete path to the Safe plug-in dlls on your PC?

When you wrote "cakewalk scans them" how do you know? Did you create a scan log?

If using the default "Sort by Category" the Safe plug-ins are in the Uncategorized folder.

Make sure to enable "Generate Scan Log" and run a VST Reset (the button to the right of Scan in VST Preferences). While in preferences make sure "C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Vst plugins" is in the scan path. Also verify the path, especially the space in "Vst plugins" (it probably does not have a space) and use backslashes instead of slashes like old school Windows. And don't forget the colon (:) between the drive letter and the first backslash.

If the path is not correct in VST preferences then that is all the needs to be fixed. A regular scan should pick up the plug-ins, otherwise; run the Reset with log.

If the plug-ins do not show up in the Uncategorized folder check the scan log,

Scan or Reset?

After running the reset look in the log for the plug-ins.

I just installed these [Manual Scan/Reset from Preferences]. At first I didn't see them.  Then I looked at my layouts.  I was using the one called 2019-10-19 ALL.   So I changed the layout to "Sort by Category" and typed "sa" [for "SAFE*] in the Audio FX Search box.  They showed up. 

Maybe this will help.

image.png.f126dcdc3e742d0e6abc19a4740f06b6.png image.png.a6938d719ebcbd1b51a54da736e4b390.png

Edited by User 905133
to make the images smaller

Make sure to generate the log too.

If the plug-ins are not picked up with reset, the log should contain clues to the problem.