The Great Shutdown - What have we learned?

mumpfucious

Hey @MUDGEL, you and I have been around the forums a long time.  I am not sure how much we've crossed paths but your feelings here are exactly what I was trying to say when I made that last post.  Software companies should  be VERY seriously listening to what their base is saying and if they aren't, they deserve the things that happen to them, even if it is at the loss of their while customer base.

Shameful, really!   It would be great if any other company seemed to behave any differently, but it seems they don't.

Can't say that I haven't felt the same ways a dozen times here and elsewhere.

I think it's great that you spoke your mind on the topic.

• Like 1

All the ones that have been with us so long have a special place with me.  Its really good to see names I know. 

We have lost a few that were good for the forum. Some of it is due to age some to finding greener grass else where. Those that have come back if not to stay with Cakewalk  but to add their knowledge to the forum are from me very welcome. 

They can be trusted and they know a thing or two. 

I believe the Bandlab  people have probably been inundated with all sorts of inquiries as well as international business responsibilities.  We shouldn't take it as a sign that they are uninterested.  

• Like 1

Yeah, I suspect lots of things fell through the cracks around the time BandLab acquired Cakewalk IP and launched the new product line. Contributors like @MUDGEL and @Craig Anderton are pretty valuable to a product community and while I don't know for certain, it's seems likely (at least to me)  that no messages were intended by the silence from BandLab. It's good to air these kinds of things so that steps can be taken to address any oversights that may have occurred.

Edited by Kevin Walsh
  • Like 1

Thanks for the expressions of support guys. I don’t have the temperament to deal with internet crap anymore. In the last several years I’ve suffered the loss of several close family members, and personal health issues including severe depression.

At times the forum community was all that kept me sane and at other times the desire to be a part of everything and stay involved was so overwhelming that I had to withdraw for periods. 

Anyway that’s what was. 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, MUDGEL said:

Thanks for the expressions of support guys. I don’t have the temperament to deal with internet crap anymore. In the last several years I’ve suffered the loss of several close family members, and personal health issues including severe depression.

At times the forum community was all that kept me sane and at other times the desire to be a part of everything and stay involved was so overwhelming that I had to withdraw for periods. 

Anyway that’s what was. 

I feel your pain, man. I have  lost three siblings and four childhood friends in the past 5 years. Plus two cats well advanced in years, who I was closer to than any of the people.  But where there's life, there's hope.

Edited by mdiemer
  • Like 2

Take care of yourself Mike. I always like that you were very level headed on the forum and your responses were helpful. But your health is most important. I lost parents and a sibling in the span of 362 days.  Really hits you hard so do take care of yourself.

• Like 3

No doubt on loss - My wife and I often wish for a do-over on our 40s because in that time we lost all four of our parents, both were the executors of the latter death, and had many other losses as well.

Again, I just appreciate you and your voice in the matter, whatever the outcome of it.

Edited by Blades

I switched to Cubase Pro during the Great Panic, and prefer it over CbB for music projects. But I also edit spoken word for 2 podcasts, and for those I use CbB because, having used it for 20 years or so, I'm more familiar with it. And yes, it's a great DAW. But Cubase is superior for MIDI, which was for me the deciding factor.

On 2/5/2019 at 4:10 AM, MUDGEL said:

In the last several years I’ve suffered the loss of several close family members, and personal health issues including severe depression.

Get your thyroid checked. Can't hurt, and could help. Many people automatically assume depression is triggered by events, but there can be biological causes. Another possibility is allergies but those are wicked hard to track down. If there's a thyroid issue, fixing it is easy, and will make a difference.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Craig Anderton said:

Get your thyroid checked. Can't hurt, and could help. Many people automatically assume depression is triggered by events, but there can be biological causes.

I'm standing in a brewery watching someone else on stage thinking being ON the stage might help me a little.

All the best Mudgel. Compassion, sympathy, blessings.

Edited by Gswitz

20 hours ago, Craig Anderton said:

Get your thyroid checked. Can't hurt, and could help. Many people automatically assume depression is triggered by events, but there can be biological causes. Another possibility is allergies but those are wicked hard to track down. If there's a thyroid issue, fixing it is easy, and will make a difference.

Thanks for your concern Craig but my depression is professionally diagnosed and I assure you I’m under appropriate health care.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MUDGEL said:

Thanks for your concern Craig but my depression is professionally diagnosed and I assure you I’m under appropriate health care.

Glad to hear it, sorry if I was being presumptuous. I've just known a few people whose depression lifted after finding out their thyroid wasn't functioning properly, so thought it was worth mentioning.

• Like 2