a melodic acoustic ballad - "Lake Katherine"

bats brew

Your music clearly takes me to good places. These acoustic arrangements fill out the sonic space well and don't need anything else. The vocal parts are blended to perfection.

This  showcases your most excellent guitar playing where it is exposed the most. Those guitars are sweeeet!

On 2/28/2020 at 11:09 PM, Javadude54 said:

Pretty cool. Nice separation between the instruments and everything was clean and clear. Very nice bass sound. Present but not obtrusive.

hey java! thanks for the critique on the mix,

this one would seem to be easy to mix on the surface of it all,

but blending the 4 guitar parts required some eq carving, as to not get freq masking.

took some trial and error passes before it seemed to be right.

the bass was probably the hardest to decide on.

it's funny, but on any given day......

On 3/1/2020 at 6:55 PM, David Sprouse said:

You write lyrics about positive things,  This is so well done, thanks for sharing.

that's a really nice thing to say, david! a lot of the tunes on my previous albums have been about less positive issues!

but this one is pretty straight up. thanks for listening

On 3/1/2020 at 6:59 PM, freddy j said:

This is a bit of your softer side.  It really is a beautiful song. Of course your performance (particularly the vox and harmonies), writing/arrangement and mix are outstanding.  Ya, I'm a fan!!!

hi freddy! yea, softer tune, for sure...

i write a LOT of this kind of stuff, but not much of it makes it's way to bats brew albums,

maybe i should have a different band for more of that style of tune!

glad your a fan! thanks!

On 3/2/2020 at 8:51 AM, mark skinner said:

Again ..  Fantastic. Your acoustic talents and vocals make me want to hear more like this.  This shure wasn't your basic strumming .   A bigger fan now..   mark     

hey mark! glad your diggin' this one....

def not a 'strummer', tho i'm not sure exactly what inspired this particular approach.

probably something like old dan fogelburg, or eagles, or sumptin' 

i have some older material off of previous albums that is in this style...

probably not enough to put together for an entire album of mellow stuff,

but i've been thinking about doing just that.

On 3/2/2020 at 9:15 AM, Wookiee said:

Nice stuff @batsbrew, hints of Led Zeppelin acoustic sound.  What was even weirder was what followed it, yes Bat's you were on it but not one of yours originally.

hi wookiee, thanks for listening to this one,

yea, it's gonna sound a bit like zep, just because it's acoustic and rock style,

but honestly, i'm familiar with their entire catalog, and i can't find anything they've done that sounds like this, arrangement wise.

definitely mine originally.