Jump to content
David Sprouse

Gray Haired Men

Recommended Posts

Hey Davey,

True expression right there.  Earth.  It put a smile on my face and I felt drunk, happy drunk.

Who is Clifton Leaf

and who are those fellas in the picture?  I feel like I have seen them somewhere before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry I couldn't get my head around this one.
I couldn't follow any of it... just my brain couldn't latch on to something.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gary,  I suffer from a condition called anhedonia.  I hope you didn't think that I mean the other songs in the forum are stupid. ( I mean MY stuff.) This is just a little fun in my otherwise gray existence.  Thank you for taking the time to listen and comment.

Edited by David Sprouse
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Keith Wilby said:

That is one of the weirdest pieces of music I've ever heard. Frank Zappa would be proud of you. Absolutely love it.

Thanks man!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jesse Screed said:

Hey Davey,

True expression right there.  Earth.  It put a smile on my face and I felt drunk, happy drunk.

Who is Clifton Leaf

and who are those fellas in the picture?  I feel like I have seen them somewhere before.

Clifton used to be a friend ......Those are Fin de Siecle  characters (Brahms in the middle).  

Edited by David Sprouse

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fun one. It has a drunken quality to the rhythm yet I can hear the beat, which of courses seems to change just when you latch on. I liked the clav? patch in this, it added some funky grit to the proceedings! Yes also to the Zappa nod . . . hope it was as fun for you to create, David! 

cheers,

-Tom

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, David Sprouse said:

I suffer from a condition called anhedonia

Had to google that one, my heart goes out to you David.
Hopefully composition and performance offer some positive therapy.

t

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting mix of ideas!

 

I might try to pull the drums in just a tad. Seemed slightly off here and there. More accentuated accents, especially with regard to the bass, would give this a more varied dynamics range.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ya, this was different but entertaining.  I enjoyed it and also get the Zappa reference.  I had to google anhedonia also and wish you the best in dealing with it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

David
Sounded like you're sharing your stream of consciousness thoughts.
I truly hope that making music brightens your day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/3/2020 at 6:24 AM, DeeringAmps said:

Had to google that one, my heart goes out to you David.
Hopefully composition and performance offer some positive therapy.

t

Thx for listening and your good tidings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/3/2020 at 7:01 AM, Starise said:

Interesting mix of ideas!

 

I might try to pull the drums in just a tad. Seemed slightly off here and there. More accentuated accents, especially with regard to the bass, would give this a more varied dynamics range.

I fixed most of it.  It's still a little rocky.  Thx 4 listening and commenting.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/3/2020 at 7:28 AM, freddy j said:

Ya, this was different but entertaining.  I enjoyed it and also get the Zappa reference.  I had to google anhedonia also and wish you the best in dealing with it.

Thank you freddy.  I miss florida!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/4/2020 at 10:32 AM, bjornpdx said:

David
Sounded like you're sharing your stream of consciousness thoughts.
I truly hope that making music brightens your day.

It sounds a little more cohesive after I tightened things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/2/2020 at 4:32 PM, emeraldsoul said:

Fun one. It has a drunken quality to the rhythm yet I can hear the beat, which of courses seems to change just when you latch on. I liked the clav? patch in this, it added some funky grit to the proceedings! Yes also to the Zappa nod . . . hope it was as fun for you to create, David! 

cheers,

-Tom

 

It makes more sense after I tightened things.   Zappa's not in my wheelhouse,  I need to investigate.  :D:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...