expansion packs don't recognize Rapture install

tecknot

Hi all,

I recently up graded my laptop with a second SSD.  I then moved samples over to the new drive.  Then I realized I did not have the Rapture expansion packs installed.  However, when attempting to install the xpacks I got an error message stating that Rapture was not installed and that I must have Rapture installed before I install the xpacks.  I tried inserting a new Multisamples folder (left empty) in the Rapture path, but that didn't work.  I also tried to install the packs as administrator, but that didn't do it either.  Does anyone know a fix for this situation?  I searched the net but didn't find any post like this.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

tecknot

Don't recall this ever being a problem but there are several versions of the Rapture expansion pack installers. I prefer to use the Rapture Classic series from SONAR Platinum.

Not sure if they all look for a valid Rapture install but it seems reasonable that they would.

IIRC, some very old installers did not look in the registry for the Multisamples Folder. This caused problems for users that modified the registry to alter default locations.

AFAIK, Rapture uses one Multisample Folder path.

I let Rapture and all expansion packs install using their defaults. Instead of messing with the registry, I prefer to use directory junctions when relocating folders for the sfz engine synths like Rapture. This allows all the installers to work regardless of when they were built because the installation looks like it is running with all settings at their default values.

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

Thanks for the response, scook.   I am working with the Cakewalk packs 1 and 2 which are the separate installers first released.  Nonetheless, I forgot about the registry change I made so maybe that's where I need to revert back.  I also forgot about your suggestion to using directory junctions.  I can still make that change.

Much appreciated,

tecknot

Not sure if this is part of the problem (i.e., if you successfully copied new sound sets, but they just don't seem to be available) , but I recall with some of those old soft synths a function key (maybe F5) needed to be pressed to repopulate the patch selection menu with newly added patches. 

Edited by User 905133