HOW TO CONTROL CAKEWALK WITH A PHONE - Using Android and TouchDAW

Creative Sauce

Have been using touchdaw quite a while now, I use it mostly while sitting on my drum kit with an android tablet mounted in a tablet holder attached to the front frame. No more getting out from behind the drums as it is now at my fingertips.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I simply cannot get this to work - followed the tutorial to the letter but when I fire up the app - nada - just no connection whatsoever. If I click on TouchDaw to initialise control of DAW I get a message saying 'no response from DAW'. Very frustrating as I could really use this as it seems to echo the Studio One Remote Control app and that works really well for me - be great to have similar for CbB as well.

Andy

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

I set this up and it worked right away for my first session but on second use I'm getting "Cakewalk Initializing DAW Control" message for too long - then "No response from DAW" message. I checked the router - restarted computer running cakewalk.  The WiFi connection is good - looks to be connected when I check in the RTPmidi control app - something in Cakewalk is tripping it up. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/9/2023 at 7:27 AM, Doug Steinschneider said:

As the humorous aside on the RTPmidi developer's website points out, this isn't going to be fun if your WiFi isn't working well. It turned out my trusty Netgear Nighthawk R7000 hand me down I've been using for years as an access point, has developed issues and that's why I was having problems. 

Updated the firmware/OS to the latest? I'm a fan of DD-WRT for my routers. Adds a lot of control and functionality that you don't usually get with stock firmware.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...