Merging two projects / Solved (with grace) Thank you!

Misha

Hi Folks.

Got this scenario.  My project is 15+ tracks. My friend (remotely) recorded vocals.

Her CWB (bundle) file looks like this: A mixdown of my project plus 4 tracks with multiple takes on each.

Is it possible to merge these two projects, so I do not pull individual stems out of her bundle to import into mine? Or what would be an intelligent way to do this.

Please let me know.

Thank you. 

Edited by Misha

There is a simple way to combine/merge two (or more) projects into one.

With your project open, navigate to your friend's project to where ever you saved it while in the Media Browser.  Once you located your friend's project there, simply click and drag it into your current project's TV.  Voila, instant merge of two in one.

One thing to bare in mind, the two projects must share the same sample rate.

Kind regards,

tecknot

Tecknot,

Amazing! Thank you!  Worked like magic.  Super cool!

Martin,

Thank you for trying! I did try your way, I also tried moving my friend's tracks to a folder and moving the track folder.   Tecknot's way worked a bit more efficiently.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
On 1/20/2020 at 8:50 PM, tecknot said:

There is a simple way to combine/merge two (or more) projects into one.

With your project open, navigate to your friend's project to where ever you saved it while in the Media Browser.  Once you located your friend's project there, simply click and drag it into your current project's TV.  Voila, instant merge of two in one.

One thing to bare in mind, the two projects must share the same sample rate.

Kind regards,

tecknot

Can I ask what you mean by 'in the Media Browser'?  Do you mean where the .cwp file is stored in Windows?

And when you drag the second project to current project's TV, do you mean into the Cakewalk GUI?  Where exactly do I have to drag it to?

Thanks

42 minutes ago, norfolkmastering said:

Can I ask what you mean by 'in the Media Browser'?  Do you mean where the .cwp file is stored in Windows?

And when you drag the second project to current project's TV, do you mean into the Cakewalk GUI?  Where exactly do I have to drag it to?

Thanks

2 things.

1 - this thread is nearly 4 years old, you'd be better off starting a new one of your own

3 - Cakewalk By Bandlab has its own Media Browser. It operates in a similar way to Windows but can and should be custmised so that it only picks up the folders you're interested in - mainly plugin, sample, groove clip, icon, template, audio file etc locations  

1 hour ago, norfolkmastering said:

Thanks

The B button is the default shortcut to toggle the Browser internal to CbB open and closed (is docked on the right by default).  The "Media" tab in the upper left is similar in functionality to Windows Explorer, and if you click the drop down arrow, there is probably already a "Project Files" in that list that goes to your top-level Projects folder. When you drill into folders, you can see the cwp files, and can simply drag/drop one onto the left side of the Track View to load it into an existing project (bit rates must match though).