Jump to content
Gökçe Dereli

Zoom U-24 and Cakewalk problem (no sound when activate input echo or record button.)

Recommended Posts

Hello all

I just wanted to play basslines over midis on Cakewalk. I'm using ASIO drivers of the Zoom U-24.

My problem is when i click on the "input echo" or "record" buttons on channels the sound is stopping. I can see bars moving but there's no sound on speakers or headphones. 

I'm attached my settings screenshots here. 

It's very annoying problem. I disabled my realtek hd sound card from bios. 

BTW there's no problem with ASIO4ALL drivers but i can't use other apps with sound when i'm using cakewalk with ASIO4ALL. And i have already ASIO drivers with my sound interface.  

So i deleted all ASIO4ALL drivers too.

Is there something i missed about these?  

I tried with other DAWS (Bitwig and Ableton) I can see input meters are moving when i connected the bass. But there's no sound at other DAWs too. 

My friend tried U-24 at another MAC and Windows PCs and said it was working with no problem.

Can someone help me about these problem please? :(

 

At Settings i've got 1 input and 2 output drivers named Zoom U-24 ASIO Driver in 1 and Zoom U-24 ASIO Driver Out 1 and 3

 

All of them active. 

At my Driver Settings

Playback Timing Master: ASIO Driver Out 1

Record Timing Master: ASIO Driver In 1

 

 

1111.png

2222.png

3333.png

44444.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the Zoom U-44 here and it works fine with record and input monitor. If you see meters then it is receiving a signal inside Cakewalk.

Try recording a track and see if it records audio. Then play back the recorded audio track and ensure that its assigned to Driver Out 1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Gökçe Dereli said:

there's no sound on speakers or headphones. 

Are these attached to the PC or the U-24?

What synth is playing the MIDI data?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

I have the Zoom U-44 here and it works fine with record and input monitor. If you see meters then it is receiving a signal inside Cakewalk.

Try recording a track and see if it records audio. Then play back the recorded audio track and ensure that its assigned to Driver Out 1.

Hello Noel,

I can record when i click record icon. But after click the record button all the channels are going to mute. (Not Manuel mute, just the sound goes away.)

But after when i record i can play back again. But can't listen and record together. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, scook said:

Are these attached to the PC or the U-24?

What synth is playing the MIDI data?

 

My speakers are attached to U-24 via stereo cable at line out 1. I disabled my onboard sound card. 

Headphones attached to U-24 too. 

 

"What synth is playing the MIDI data?" i didn't understand that question. Sorry i'm little noob about this situation. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Gökçe Dereli said:

My speakers are attached to U-24 via stereo cable at line out 1. I disabled my onboard sound card. 

Headphones attached to U-24 too. 

 

"What synth is playing the MIDI data?" i didn't understand that question. Sorry i'm little noob about this situation. :(

MIDI has no sound, it is control data. The MIDI signal needs to be routed to a synthesizer (VST i or hardware) in order to hear anything. You say that after the recording you can play back the audio. If so, there must be a synth that is producing the sound.  If it is the motherboards Wavetable synth, it 's not an ideal solution and should be changed .

The help files give you advice on inserting a soft synth, if you're not familiar with the procedure. I'm on an antique version of SONAR so I don't dare to give detailed info, because something may be different in the modern ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Kalle Rantaaho said:

MIDI has no sound, it is control data. The MIDI signal needs to be routed to a synthesizer (VST i or hardware) in order to hear anything. You say that after the recording you can play back the audio. If so, there must be a synth that is producing the sound.  If it is the motherboards Wavetable synth, it 's not an ideal solution and should be changed .

The help files give you advice on inserting a soft synth, if you're not familiar with the procedure. I'm on an antique version of SONAR so I don't dare to give detailed info, because something may be different in the modern ones.

Hello Kalle,

Thanks for the info. :) As i said i'm new at Cakewalk. 

Let me explain detailed:

I tried open a blank project and record my guitar over blank project.

There's no other channel expect my guitar.  I added Audio to channel section.  Connect my guitar at the guitar input at U-24. Disable hardware monitoring with turning knob. And i just pressed the input echo button. But there's no sound.  I can see sound input is working because input lights flashing. 

 

If i add another audio to play over with it. There's still no sound. All sound is suddenly cutted out when i click input echo, or record icon. :(

 

I'll upload a video about problem today. I wish it's a small problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Gökçe Dereli said:

Hello Noel,

I can record when i click record icon. But after click the record button all the channels are going to mute. (Not Manuel mute, just the sound goes away.)

But after when i record i can play back again. But can't listen and record together. 

It's best to post a video of what you are doing since there may be some confusion with how you are describing the issue.

Which channels are getting muted? when you record on a track it's normal for previous audio on the same track to get muted. Other tracks should be unaffected by recording.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...