AndyTheDude

TTS-1 missing

Question

Is there a way to download  TTS-1 separately? It's gone from my Cakewalk, scanning for plugins returns no joy. I don't use it often, so I cannot say since when it's missing. I badly need it now.

I have tried to repair Cakewalk, that didn't help though.

Any ideas?

15 answers to this question

If the plug-in works in any project, the plug-in is installed and working.

Is the plug-in listed in the Plug-in Manager?

rR6ehLT.png

Look in the excluded list by checking "Show Excluded"

• Like 1

No, the plug-in is not available separately.

It is a DXi so is not scanned by the VST scanner.

It is registered during installation with the Windows program regsvr32.exe

The default install path is C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared DXi\TTS-1

If the TTS-1.dll,  tts-1-param.dat and help folder are in the TTS-1 folder, one could try manually registering the plug-in by opening up a command shell as administrator in the TTS-1 folder and type

regsvr32 TTS-1.dll

The other way to restore the plug-in is uninstall and re-install CbB.

Hi, thanks for the replies. This is what I get after running regsvr32 tts-1.dll in command prompt: (attached)

TTS-1.dll and tts-1-param.dat are in the shared DXi folder.

dll.jpg

The error seems to indicate regsvr32 was not run from the "C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared DXi\TTS-1" folder.

If it is not run from the folder containing the dll, the fully qualified path name must be used.

It is extremely unusual for a DX plug-in to go "missing." What lead to this conclusion?

I ran regsvr32 from the tts-1 folder and got a message "registering dll succeeded". I opened Cakewalk and still the TTS is nowhere to be found. :(

9 minutes ago, scook said:

It is extremely unusual for a DX plug-in to go "missing." What lead to this conclusion?

I can't see it in the Soft Synth list when I click on an audio track. It was fine some time ago, now after two or more Cakewalk updates it's gone.  I don't use it that often, so I can't pinpoint the exact time when it happened

It's listed there, but I can check the box next to the TTS option. After creating an instrument track, there's nothing in the FX box and no sound coming out. Also, I can't change a program or bank or patch at all.

16 minutes ago, AndyTheDude said:

It's listed there, but I can check the box next to the TTS option.

I have no idea what this is.

After creating an instrument track, there's nothing in the FX box

If FX box is the FX Rack (A and B in the image below point to effects plug-ins in FX Racks), this is to be expected. While one may add instruments to the FX Rack, this has not be common way to use synth plug-ins in many years.

Mixing.27.1.png

After creating an instrument track...no sound coming out.

How are you testing the synth? The preview buttons at the bottom of the synth UI, a MIDI clip or input from a controller.

Also, I can't change a program or bank or patch at all.

Which method are you using, the edit buttons at the top of the plug-in UI, clicking the channel strips in the plug-in UI or the bank/patch drop downs in the track inspector/header

This is what I meant:

I am not able to select TTS from the drop down menu at all.

Also, I've just checked an old project (like a really old one, 5+ years) with TTS in it, and everything works fine there.

1.jpg

Why can I not get it done in a new project?! I just want to write down a bass groove in piano roll, so I won't forget it. Why has it all become so f*****g complicated all of a sudden?

3 minutes ago, scook said:

If the plug-in works in any project, the plug-in is installed and working.

Is the plug-in listed in the Plug-in Manager?

rR6ehLT.png

Look in the excluded list by checking "Show Excluded"

You're a star, mate! It was in my excluded list for some reason. Everything works fine now.

Thanks a mill!!!

That is good news.

The important clue was the plug-in working in an existing project. This reduced the problem to a display issue not a functional problem with the plug-in.