Do You See My Face

Douglas Kirby

As some mentioned on Always The Same, definitely a Kinks vibe on this one. As to the mastering, its definitely "hot" on my system.
Intro is a bit long for me (take that with a grain of salt), but I'm a "three minute" man myself; that being said you held my interest right to the end.
A+ at least on this one.

Tom

• Like 1

Douglas, I really enjoyed listening to this retro track. Has that old stones vibe to it right down to the guitars and vocals. Like it was made in a studio from that period. I mean that as a high compliment. I also use the Abbey Road TG mastering chain often. Does an exceptional job. 

Congrats on another track well done!

• Like 1

DeeringAmps - I'm glad you liked the song - thanks for listening.  

JohnBee58 - I"m glad you liked it - thanks for listening.  I worked hard on the mix - I hope it's decent.

Old Joad - Thanks for listening.  I noticed you mentioned the mix was dirty - I used the Voxengo Voxformer on this one for the lead vocal - you can dial in some nice dirt for the lead vocal with it - it's a cool vocal plug.

jerrydf - I'm glad you liked the song - thanks for listening.

Starise - Yeah, the Abbey Road TG Mastering plug is impressive - I've been using Ozone Standard 9 for songs on this album, but I decided to give the Abbey Road a try on this one - I thought it worked out well. I used it on some of the tracks too. Thanks for the compliment on the mix sounding vintage - that's cool with me.

daryl1968 - I try to sing decent BGVs - I figure it adds to the song's character.

Hey, Douglas,

You've got a really cool, punchy classic rocker here!?

Well written, performed and sung, the layered vocals are pure dynamite, and I really loved the guitar parts, especially the solo.  The guitar tone was absolutely perfect for the style of the song, and the playing was super!?

As the guys mentioned above, this definitely has the classic Stones vibe, and the mix is right on the money for the genre.

Dynamite stuff, Douglas, keep 'em coming, buddy!?

Have a good one!
Bob

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bob Oister said:

Hey, Douglas,

You've got a really cool, punchy classic rocker here!?

Well written, performed and sung, the layered vocals are pure dynamite, and I really loved the guitar parts, especially the solo.  The guitar tone was absolutely perfect for the style of the song, and the playing was super!?

As the guys mentioned above, this definitely has the classic Stones vibe, and the mix is right on the money for the genre.

Dynamite stuff, Douglas, keep 'em coming, buddy!?

Have a good one!
Bob

Hey Bob - I appreciate your comments - thanks for listening.