AI functions in the daw.

Kurre

Are someone thinking/working on AI functions?
Yes, it's going to be tough to develop for local software but there are several daw functions that could benefit from it.
Audio alignment is one.
It will likely come to daw's in a couple of years.

• Like 2

BandLab has a dedicated team working on AI music. SongStarter is one such product as well as stem separation.
They are not yet available in Sonar but can be accessed via BandLab studio. Cakewalk Next does have access to Splitter.

https://www.bandlab.com/songstarter
https://www.bandlab.com/splitter

But to answer your question yes we are thinking about fruitful uses for AI.

• Thanks 3

not sure how much "public domain" hip hop and trap music for training is available given the length of time a copyright persists. it's one of those things that the legal system will end up deciding WRT AI training on copyrighted materials. 

2 hours ago, Teegarden said:

Glad to finally see some users understand the benefits!

When I started a similar topic FR: AI tempo recognition and quantize two years ago the feedback about AI implementation was mainly negative, they clearly didn't understand the possibilities and benefits at the time.

Because you had been exposed to the meaningless comments of a group of status quo defenders. Don't worry. In time, they will all disappear one by one.

While AI generation is new, algorithmic music generation has been around for 30 years or more. Products like Band In a Box, Jammer etc have been used on countless productions and there haven't been copyright issues, at least any I have heard about.
While there is some legit concern about copyrighted data being used for training LLM's, for music often the training data itself is algorithmic.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

While AI generation is new, algorithmic music generation has been around for 30 years or more. Products like Band In a Box, Jammer etc have been used on countless productions and there haven't been copyright issues, at least any I have heard about.
While there is some legit concern about copyrighted data being used for training LLM's, for music often the training data itself is algorithmic.

Even though depreciated ages ago....even CAL scripts can be programmed to perform algorithmic music generation.   I have written a few myself recently that utilises the Random command to generate usable musical and rhythmical phrases.