IKM AmpliTube updated to 5.10.0

BTP

What's new in version 5.10.0:

Enhanced integration of TONEX

New TONEX view to easily navigate all of the Tone Models and TONEX Collections available on your computer

New Skin and Favorites filtering options

New "Open TONEX App" button to quickly launch the TONEX app

Fixed a bug that could show wrong amp GUI when using 3-amp chains.

General reliability improvements.

Run IK Product Manager to update.

• Like 4

Despite the IK hate some have did anyone notice this is one of the developers who actually upgrade their products instead of their app? Even the great VSL has upgraded their apps over 200 times. Plus I can download this update from my account.

I'm waiting for the crusade of DAW users to stop supporting developers who give the enduser limited options of distribution or structuring it to the only means of solving is through a support ticket instead of individual problem solving.  

• Like 1

There was an update to Tracks 6 Max, also:

1. Resolved an issue where loading a T-RackS 6 AAX Plug-in could result in loading the wrong Plug-in
  2. Resolved the name clashes with plugins from other companies.
  3. Resolved an issue with Comprexxor presets where the No Dist parameter state would be lost
  4. Fixed a crash in the assembly window while editing metadata
  5. Installer on Windows now uses the users choice (if exists) as default for VST3, AAX path
  6. Module Manager on Windows now uses the plugins path choosen during the installation phase as default
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Syphus said:

Perhaps it the integration of Tonex (with this version).  I noticed that Tonex (standalone) takes it time loading . . .   Just a thought.

Syphus

I just ran back to back to back tests on my machine opening stand alone version of each app

TONEX loaded in less than 2 seconds

Amplitude 5 took an entire minute

This is on a very high spec machine.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

I just ran back to back to back tests on my machine opening stand alone version of each app

TONEX loaded in less than 2 seconds

Amplitude 5 took an entire minute

This is on a very high spec machine.  

Yeah, typically they both load pretty immediately on my machine. Maybe like 5 seconds for Amplitube.

So yeah, pretty significantly worse.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, RSMcGuitar said:

This update has caused Amplitube to load very slowly for me.

All the slowness may be related to the amount of 3rd party Packs or captures you have. I have around 250+ full 3rd party packs, all Amalgams, all Jason Sadities , all Tone junkies and on and on it goes, I don't have any freebies from ToneNET, anyway, TONEX shows my number of Tone Models to be just over 6500.

Amplitube was taking around 10 minutes to load with the new update, it was unusable of course having to wait that long, it was fine once it loaded. So I decided to replace my current .db file with the original one that I saved before starting on my 3rd party journey. Now Amplitube loads in about 2 secs and TONEX almost instantaneous. So if you have a heap or 3rd party captures/capture packs that may well be the problem. Perhaps the new update has some issue with 3rd party packs or the number of them, idk

For me as it is now, TONEX MAX and all the Signature Packs it's as mentioned above. I might slowly go through adding packs back and see if I can find the tipping point, we'll see, probably not though, I've got better things to do and I have enough like it is, although I will likely add some special stuff back in, who knows.

MODS how about letting me post like normal, surely I have posted enough to remove the training wheels, it's almost pointless trying to help or converse like this, and having some other individual decide if, when and what you are aloud to say, well you know,

Edited by Rezerekted
  • Like 3

FWIW,  I have an old Asus laying around mainly for just goofing around.  It doesn't meet the specs to even install Tonex!

I got the A5 update and installed! The first time opening took almost a full minute!

I immediately shut A5 down and reopened it. It opened in about 18 seconds! It does so everytime after that first initial opening!

Not too bad for an old dinosaur of a desktop! 

Will be interested to see the results on my studio computer.  It was has Tonex on it. Will keep you posted!