Anyone using Listento successfully with Sonar?

David A Ludwig

For streaming that always works fine with Sonar. 

OBS studio- Free and used by millions of people for podcasting and screen capture.    https://obsproject.com/

You need to make sure you don't have "exclusive control of this device " on. 

Sonobus - Free. https://sonobus.net/   

You just insert it as a plug in on Sonars Master bus and set it up to send over your network. Anybody in the world on the internet can listen with only a little latency. 

• Like 1

It shouldn't is you are using an ASIO interface with the mike connected to it. You would need Input echo on to talk live. 

That's were OBS is easier to use. It has a multi channel mixer that will use your live mike as well as play from any daw or music app if your interface supports Loopback. I do a lot of this. But yes Loopback is a must have for podcasting or any live stuff. 

A USB mic is essentially a rudimentary audio interface with a transducer attached. Although it might be made to work with the right configuration settings, you should really just get a decent analog mic for the MOTU so you don't have two interafaces using different drivers, driver modes and possibly different sample rates and latencies competing for resources and having to be synced.

I'm afraid I can't help with this. The plugin is crashing not Sonar. Send the dump file to the plugin vendor to analyze. If they need assistance or have questions about Sonar after looking into it they can contact me.

00000000ffff07dd()    Unknown
     [Frames may be missing, no binary loaded for Listento.vst3]    
     Listento.vst3!00007fff4752f707()    Unknown

There are many changes to Sonar since CbB so a difference in behavior could be what's exposing a vulnerability in the plug-in. From the crash info there isn't anything for us to glean since the crash is exclusively in the plug-in code with no Sonar context.