Cakewalk hides audio drop outs and tries to glue the silence. Can I disable it?

Wojtek Stecyszyn

Question

Hi Cakewalkers

Im testing new interface and facing some drop out issues. What I have noticed is that when a dropout occurs while recording (a one second cut off in audio) CbB is then glueing the gap and tries to go on with recording as it never happens. The glue point is sometimes good, stitch less and you would not tell that there was a cut in audio, but more often it is not prefect - has a pop in it and many times the audio clip is moved and thus out of sync with the rest ot the tracks. Anyway I don't want CbB to hide the audio cut - need to see exactly where and when audio drop out happened to pin point the cause.

It happens on my both interfaces:

Tascam US-144mkll with its dedicated ASIO driver latest version

Steinberg UR44C - with Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver latest version

To explain: because the dropouts are happening very rarely its a time (hours, days) consuming task to spot them. Therefore I just leave the recording session ON when I go for lunch, or for a nap, or anything and then when I come back I analyse the recorded waveform to check if the audio drop out happened. I was fooled till this day that I have no more dropouts because the audio waveform was constant and with no cuts, and assumed that the issue is gone. Only today a drop out happened when I was recording my tracks! I was wrong and wasted many days because I didn't know then that CbB is hiding these cuts!! I still have drop outs but it again takes days to spot them - I would have to sit hours while testing it by recording and listening for the cuts - this is the only way now that i have. I have no time for that, and I cant do it while working - recording serous stuff because I cant allow any drop outs while recording material. I whish I could leave recording ON leave it and then just check the waveform.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet