No sound from mic unless Recording.... SOLVED

paulo

Something has changed and I can't see what.......I use the same starting template for every project and mic works fine as it always has when there is no playback happening. Press play and it cuts the sound from the mic, enable recording and it's back, So I can record, but now can't practice without recording it.

Doesn't happen in Platinum - that works as it always has, so it's not the project and it's not the hardware.

Has to be something daft that I'm missing for some reason. 

Any ideas?

Edited by paulo

Input Echo must be on else it wouldn't work when Record is on.  There is a setting in Preferences to allow Input Monitoring during playback, which is newish (so probably in CbB but not Platinum), which is likely unticked.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xoo said:

Input Echo must be on else it wouldn't work when Record is on.  There is a setting in Preferences to allow Input Monitoring during playback, which is newish (so probably in CbB but not Platinum), which is likely unticked.

Nailed it! Thanks Xoo. No idea how that got changed as it's not in a window that I ever need to open.

(For the benefit of anyone else in future experiencing the same issue that might come across this thread in a search, the option is actually tick to disable rather than tick to enable - gremlins got in somehow and ticked the box for me)

11 hours ago, Bristol_Jonesey said:

Input Echo?

9 hours ago, OutrageProductions said:

+1

Thanks for trying to help.

As Xoo said, it was on or it wouldn't have worked in record/idle mode or Platinum. 

• paulo changed the title to No sound from mic unless Recording.... SOLVED