Arturia Sound Bank - Reggaeton Essentials (Free)

BTP

4 hours ago, DamienF said:

I've discovered that these sounds are usable in reggaeton 

Do I really know what is reggaeton ?

Oversimplified  answer: A genre that was originally inspired by dancehall reggae, particularly the Dem Bow riddim (and other similar electronic riddims) with lyrics mostly in Spanish instead of Jamaican patois. It tends to have lyrics more akin to the "slackness" of  dancehall, while ignoring the socially conscious lyrics of roots reggae.  Modern reggaeton has moved farther and farther from its reggae roots . Not saying that is a good or bad thing.

11 minutes ago, dubdisciple said:

Oversimplified  answer: A genre that was originally inspired by dancehall reggae, particularly the Dem Bow riddim (and other similar electronic riddims) with lyrics mostly in Spanish instead of Jamaican patois. It tends to have lyrics more akin to the "slackness" of  dancehall, while ignoring the socially conscious lyrics of roots reggae.  Modern reggaeton has moved farther and farther from its reggae roots . Not saying that is a good or bad thing.

Your oversimplified answer helps me more than the Wikipedia entry did a few hours ago.  For theirs I would have needed a Ph.D. in ethnomusicology (or the equivalent in field experience) to understand all the complexities. So, thanks for the condensation!

• Like 1