Middle of Nowhere

bats brew

2 hours ago, bats brew said:

gonna work on this one again tonight,

any suggestions?
after tonight, i'll take the mix down, or i could post an update...

Cannot comment on the mix because I listened without headphones on my phone. Nevertheless it sounded very good. A real rocker

20 hours ago, cakeboy said:

Cannot comment on the mix because I listened without headphones on my phone. Nevertheless it sounded very good. A real rocker

hm.

listening to tunes on the little baby speakers on a phone?

i don't know what to say....

i guess i should preface this by saying, i'm not mixing songs to sound good on tiny speakers.

maybe ear buds, yea, or even headphones, i try to get my mixes sounding awesome and big on headphones, with full separation and full range.

but a phone?

why would you want to listen to stuff on a phone?

i hope you get to hear it on a proper system.

rock on

1 hour ago, bats brew said:

hm.

listening to tunes on the little baby speakers on a phone?

i don't know what to say....

i guess i should preface this by saying, i'm not mixing songs to sound good on tiny speakers.

maybe ear buds, yea, or even headphones, i try to get my mixes sounding awesome and big on headphones, with full separation and full range.

but a phone?

why would you want to listen to stuff on a phone?

i hope you get to hear it on a proper system.

rock on

I don't want to listen on phone speakers but my Samsung phone does not have a 3,5 mm speaker 'hole' and I have not bought an adapter for it so I could use headphones

23 hours ago, Old Joad said:

I love the bat & the moon picture👍🏼

So, I'm listening through my AKG headphones, and it sounds great🤩

akg headphones! heh, i've got some akg headphones too, the 240s model, i upgraded (well, side stepped at least!) to the Sennheiser Jubilee, but still use the akg's to check certain things. good headphones for the price.

i guess with headphones, it's great for the 'stereo spread' experience, but it's real hard to judge low end with headphones, and that's usually what i'm working on the most, right to the end, trying to get the low end to lock.

most of the time, i have to carve frequencies to get it to totally work, when i can't find the answer.

carve.

but i hate having to do that, and more times than not, i try to find a kick that i like, to occupy one zone, and a bass guitar setting that sits somewhere else.

if i really take the time to set this up in advance, it always makes it easier to mix later.

thanks for listening!