Select "ALL" is stuck on Tracks. I'm trying to left click to select just one Track to Move or Copy, but instead selects multiple Tracks, what's wrong here?

kday

I'm trying to move or copy just one single Track in a song, but it keeps selecting multiple tracks instead and moves them all at once.  It's sorta stuck on select ALL. Am I doing something wrong here?

Thanks

Edited by kday

• kday changed the title to Select "ALL" is stuck on Tracks. I'm trying to left click to select just one Track to Move or Copy, but instead selects multiple Tracks, what's wrong here?
3 hours ago, 57Gregy said:

The usual solution for copy/paste/slide etc. weirdness is "turn off Ripple Edit".

Thanks, but where is the ripple edit button?  How do I get to it?

2 hours ago, Bristol_Jonesey said:

Select None (Ctrl + Shift + a)

Or try Greg's solution and switch Ripple Edit off

Thanks, I did that and that worked. But I want to try the ripple effect option to see if that works too. But I forgot where the ripple effect is, how do I get to that?

One other thing that worked was the Creat Region FX option that allowed individual editing of tracks.

Edited by kday

Ripple edit is an extremely powerful tool and can totally destroy your project if you don't know what you're doing.

It's primary use (for me) is for deleting unwanted measures and to slide everything over to fill in the gap.

The extremely important thing to remember is you MUST switch it off when you've made your edit, otherwise it will stay active and cause untold mayhem.

RippleEdit.jpg.c72e90ea6d1b52417b1d2dd4d72088f5.jpg