Sonar 2024.09 Feedback

Morten Saether

Still using trial mode for eval, but noted the new 2024.9 update will not show graphics/visualizations for any of the ADDED Pro Channel plugins like the LA-2A, Concrete Limiter, etc.?

image.thumb.png.8132fb72d90502e4cd8a8a7659a1a982.png

These visualized/worked fine before the update. 

5 hours ago, shane said:

but noted the new 2024.9 update will not show graphics/visualizations for any of the ADDED Pro Channel plugins

Hello!
Have you changed the interface scaling settings in Sonar? If you have, try to return the scale to 100%, apply the setting, close Sonar, and after restarting, everything should be fixed. And after a normal image in ProChannel, you can again adjust the scale at your discretion.

And if you did not change the scaling, then try to change it in any direction by 5%, I had exactly the same problem after installing the very first "beta", which was fixed after changing the scaling.

7 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

It does save the state per project.

EDIT: The same on Laptop, just the right side is saved, on Laptop it was saved before 2024.9, on Desktop it is saved since 2024.9, on both not the left side of the divider bar!

HI:) 

This is new! I have overseen this, because the state is saved on the right side but not on the left side.

On the right I can see the last opened folder, on the left is an overview of all hard drives and folders!

But this is much better as before;)

Perhaps it's the same behaviour as before that it works correct on a Laptop, but not on a Desktop!

I'll try this out, not really working with a Laptop but I have it installed on one.

Bassman.

Edited by Heinz Hupfer

Looking forward to the background color of the left channel bar changing with the selected audio track color.
Looking forward to returning to the piano window. The background color can be set separately,

Thank you, CakeWalk

• Like 1

On 10/4/2024 at 4:51 AM, Noel Borthwick said:

It does save the state per project.

Hi again:)

Now I see, I just have to go up 1 level and the left path pops up, sorry, I've overseen this!

Perfect now;)

Thank you very much;)

Bassman.

A peculiar anomaly occurred yesterday that I thought I should report.   I had finished making some changes in the Colors section of Preferences, clicked on Apply, everything seemed to be working fine, closed the Preferences dialog box then a toast message appeared indicating I needed to restart my computer because of a change in Language(?).  When I restarted and re-initiated Sonar everything in the U.I. came up in German!  I've always worked in English and have never touched the Language section in Preferences.   The problem was easy to correct, but I've never seen anything like this occur in all the versions of SONAR and Cakewalk by BandLab that I've used.   I'm working with Sonar v. 2024.09, build 105 running with Windows 10; please advise.

The only time that message is displayed is if the language setting was modified in preferences.
Most likely you inadvertently changed it perhaps by pressing an incorrect key or you accidently visited the Customization | Display page where language is the first item there.

If you can reproduce it are sure that you didnt modify the Display page let us know.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Marc Bleuwart said:

Small bug detected: when exporting audio (wav) Sonar adds an underscore ( _ ) at the end of the specified filename.

Otherwise Sonar 2024.09 is really good, thank you for this update !

13 hours ago, Mark Morgon-Shaw said:

I already reported this a while ago

I am unable to reproduce this. Are you using a specific preset for the export? 

18 hours ago, Jonathan Sasor said:

I am unable to reproduce this. Are you using a specific preset for the export? 

In my case it seems to happen when I try to overwrite a previous export and I end up with two files, one of them with the added underscore

On 10/4/2024 at 7:06 PM, IgoRr said:

Have you changed the interface scaling settings in Sonar? If you have, try to return the scale to 100%, apply the setting, close Sonar, and after restarting, everything should be fixed. And after a normal image in ProChannel, you can again adjust the scale at your discretion.

And if you did not change the scaling, then try to change it in any direction by 5%, I had exactly the same problem after installing the very first "beta", which was fixed after changing the scaling.

I see the same thing: when I add a module in a pro-channel, I often see an empty box where module UI should be.

I haven't touched scaling settings previously, so per your note, I adjusted to 105%, applied and restarted Sonar, then moved back to 100%, applied and restarted Sonar. No change - very reproducible.

In my case, the missing module UI comes back if I either: a) close the console window (I have it undocked) and re-open, or b) remove another module in the pro-channel.

It doesn't seem to happen with the Style Dial modules, just the ones in the main list.

Hello,
With Sonar 2024.09:
When track pane is horizontally zoomed to the max, and project is playing, User Interface become unresponsive and it is impossible to stop playback, nor by the keyboard, nor by mouse, nor by midi control.
This is not project specific, the only way to stop playback is to wait the end of project or to kill cakewalk application by the task manager.

This was corrected in CbB back in 2020, but the issue is back in Sonar 2024.09

Kind Regards, Marc.

-----------  report for CbB ------
Hello,
I don't know if this issue is specific to 2020.05 version, but I encountered this  bug:
When track pane is horizontally zoomed to the max, and project is playing, User Interface become unresponsive and it is impossible to stop playback, nor by the keyboard, nor by mouse.
This is not project specific, the only way to stop playback is to wait the end of project or to kill cakewalk application by the task manager.

Kind regards, Marc.

Good day!

Today I discovered a serious bug - I had previously saved a ProChannel configuration preset, and when I tried to load this previously saved preset onto several audio tracks, Sonar immediately crashed. I repeated the attempt 10 times, tried adding to a different number of tracks at the same time, but even when adding to 2 tracks, Sonar crashed again. The same situation is repeated when trying to add presets to buses. When adding to one track or bus, everything works normally.  I did all this in an empty template without any content and with minimal consumption of system resources.

32 minutes ago, IgoRr said:

Good day!

Today I discovered a serious bug - I had previously saved a ProChannel configuration preset, and when I tried to load this previously saved preset onto several audio tracks, Sonar immediately crashed. I repeated the attempt 10 times, tried adding to a different number of tracks at the same time, but even when adding to 2 tracks, Sonar crashed again. The same situation is repeated when trying to add presets to buses. When adding to one track or bus, everything works normally.  I did all this in an empty template without any content and with minimal consumption of system resources.

We're aware of this issue, and have fixed it for the next release.

The workaround for the moment is to disable the Spectrum Analyser display in the Inspector / Console View before loading/saving ProChannel presets.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, msmcleod said:

We're aware of this issue, and have fixed it for the next release.

Thank you very much for your painstaking work on our favorite program! It is very pleased that with each new version, Sonar is becoming an increasingly perfect, complete and powerful instrument for convenient and productive work with music!