New computer - Melodyne Assistant badly crashing

gmp

I have Melodyne 4 and it's worked very well on my win 10 computer for many years. i got a new win 11 pro computer  and Cakewalk installed a basic Melodyne and I installed Melodyne Assistant 4.2.4.001 and used the standalone, run as administrator, to add the serial #. In Cakewalk it crashes immediately. Any ideas?

I completely uninstalled all melodyne from Control Panel. I needed to use the CMD administrator method to get rid of the Melodyne run time version.  I tried some clean install methods, but none deleted registry items, which I think should do the trick. 

I reinstalled and uninstalled several times and still closes Cakewalk before it's Region FX window opens - baffled

Edited by gmp

I had also been in contact with Melodyne support and surprisingly they were very responsive even with the weekend. He said that some Win 11 computer may install and other not. He said it was likely my CPU, which I thought was strange. But he said I needed to upgrade to 5. It was only $19 so I did it and it installed perfectly last night and I'm done - thanks everyone

• Like 4