Project edited and saved in Sonar only opens in CbB - shuts down Sonar with no error when I open

Title is pretty descriptive.  I have a project that I've worked on off and on since 2017.  I made some edits in "new" Sonar this morning and it played just fine.  I was done with my session, so I saved it, closed Sonar, and went about my business.  When I tried to open it a few hours later, I can see Kontakt starting to load samples and then Sonar shuts down with no warning. I have rebooted and still same situation.  So I tried to open it in CbB and it opens and plays just fine.  Cannot figure out how CbB is ok with it and Sonar, which the final edits were made in, is not ok.  Screenshot below.

Plugins are :

• DR-008
  • VC-64
  • BlueVerb DRV-2080
  • Kontakt 5
  • NI Replika
  • Ultra Analog VA2 (VST 3)
  • Ozone 6

The project has three audio tracks, and Sonar and CbB are both set to find Audio in the same location.

Any thoughts, besides just using CbB instead of Sonar

image.thumb.png.c30ff7d483037db1cf8ef88948cd260a.png

Edited by Steve Moddelmog

Problem solved, though I don't understand it.  I tried loading the project in Sonar in safe mode. The last thing it asked was about loading Melodyne.  I said no and it loaded fine.  So I went back to it in CbB, discovered there were two very short clips with unrendered Melodyne edits, rendered them, and saved.  Now it loads in Sonar. 

What's strange is (a) it wasn't a problem for CbB, and (b) even stranger, it loaded fine initially in Sonar when I made a few edits this morning (nothing to do with Melodyne or the track that had the unrendered clips) and gave me no error or strange behavior when I saved it.  Only when I tried to open it again...

• Like 1

On 9/8/2024 at 10:11 PM, Noel Borthwick said:

This is in the latest version of Sonar? If you pm me the original project file I can take a look.

Yes, the August version of Sonar.  I have pm'ed the file to you. 

One thing I noticed that I didn't mention in my message - it has a tab at the bottom next to Console and Piano Roll that says "Loop Construction <Melodyne> Track 1."  I don't remember what that was about - I don't recall ever using "loop construction" and I don't think I've ever seen that tab before in any project.  Unfortunately this one was started seven years ago and I don't remember what I might have been doing that created that tab.  Possibly changing the tempo?  But closing the tab in CbB does cause it to crash, even if I first render the Melodyne clips.

Thanks for taking a look.

Edited by Steve Moddelmog
  • Thanks 1