WA Production: Join the Babylon 2 waiting list for a big discount

audioschmaudio

https://www.waproduction.com/plugins/view/babylon-2

Babylon 2 - Waiting List

!! Join the waiting and be the first one to know about the Babylon 2 release and enjoy it for a discounted price!

[...]

Features:

• Completely rejuvenated one-page synth programming
  • NEW Oscillation modes featuring Multi & Quad modes
  • NEW Wavetable Editor
  • NEW Scale & per-note Microtonal options
  • NEW Intelligent Arpeggiator
  • NEW Filter Types
  • NEW & Reprogrammed FX
  • NEW Modulators & Matrix
  • 200+ high-resolution waveforms
  • All the original Babylon features retained
  • Full PDF Manual & Tutorial video

• Great Idea 1

51 minutes ago, Tianzii said:

Any impressions about v1? Never tried it.

I think it's alright. Doesn't sound bad. The factory presets often have generic names which isn't cool. But if you have the Babylon & Expansions you get plenty of genre-specific presets. I'd never buy it for the full price though. In fact, I got it for free with a coupon that's floating around the internet.

I’ve just tried a demo of Babylon 1. Wow! Amazing. I mean… to do all it can do and keep the CPU usage under 10% load is amazing! And it has great presets for layering.

Added myself on the waiting list for v2.

If v2 would add a preset manager so that I can add presets as favorites, or with possibility to tag them then this would be one of my goto synth cause it consumes such low CPU! I’m amazed!

• Like 1

Don't buy any W.A. Production apps.  They are all half baked plugins that never get many updates and are buggy. 

After buying 3 of thier half baked plugins, I realized how poorly the design is and how unwell it's made. 

If your buying the plugin for the appearance only, then go for it, if you desire what they say about the product to be true, dream on. 

They worked so hard to make their plugins nice looking, but seemed to not care to much about making them stable and sound good.

35 minutes ago, GTsongwriter said:

Don't buy any W.A. Production apps.  They are all half baked plugins that never get many updates and are buggy. 

After buying 3 of thier half baked plugins, I realized how poorly the design is and how unwell it's made. 

If your buying the plugin for the appearance only, then go for it, if you desire what they say about the product to be true, dream on. 

They worked so hard to make their plugins nice looking, but seemed to not care to much about making them stable and sound good.

Depends on the plugin, I guess. I've read nothing but good reviews for Deres, for example.

54 minutes ago, GTsongwriter said:

If that works for you, sure. Do it.

I have more than 10 plugin from WAProd.

They can be used while offline, no DRM stuff installed on my system, and if I’m changing the laptop/computer (aka selling it), I can give them an email and they’ll gladly help. They have super nice support. Been talking to them and they were always responsive.
I can’t give advice for everyone, but I can say that for me, WA plugins are a must have, at least a few of them like Vinai XTT, Deres, Imprint, Multibender, KSHMR stuff, Outlaw lite etc.

These can always be used in offline mode and without the fear that you’ll get your projects unopened in the future. The only thing I don’t like is that you can’t resell them. But never the less, if I’m getting something, I’m getting it to stay, so for me there’s never a downside.

And of course, I do agree that there’s never an option that suits all.

Always find what works for you, not for others. This is what I do. :) 

Cheers! ✌️

Edited by Tianzii
  • Like 2

I bought it too. I believe owners of Babylon 1 don't need to rush, the upgrade price is $9.90 too.

I kinda regret buying it though. I'm not saying it's bad, but damn, why do I keep buying cheap synths when I already have plenty of top notch synths?
I guess I'm not really cured from GAS yet 😭

• Like 1
  • Haha 2