Finally: SynthMaster 3 is out

Fleer

On 9/3/2024 at 4:36 AM, Ron Stranghoener said:

I had my upgrade to 3 in my cart yesterday for $23 and decided to wait till today to choose my 3 free expansions and the price jumped from$23 to $39!!!

That was probably the pre-release price. It's not unusual for prices to jump up when a product leaves the beta-testing-phase and gets officially released.

Synthmaster often had sales in the past though, so maybe you'll get a better price in the future.

Any idea how to restore the expansions? Do we need to use SM 2 to do it and then import?

Doing this just shows an error message: "You don't have any expansions in your account." (But I do, and they are visible in the User area on their web site).

1 hour ago, Tomgu said:

Any idea how to restore the expansions? Do we need to use SM 2 to do it and then import?

Doing this just shows an error message: "You don't have any expansions in your account." (But I do, and they are visible in the User area on their web site).

Someone on KVR Audio wrote:

Hello, as per kv331's instruction, installing SM2 and downloading banks helped to get the same ones in the SM3. Thank you!

So I guess you're right that you need to use SM2 to import the banks in order to use them in SM3.

• Thanks 1

This is the dislike I have about Synthmaster.  I wish the preset installation was like other synths.  Logging into your account is also annoying.  For some reason Roboform can't fill this and I have to paste the serial number.  How about using a password instead.

On 9/3/2024 at 9:40 AM, Ron Stranghoener said:

What are people paying to upgrade from synthmaster 2 to 3? For me it is now $49 which i think is ridiculous since it was $23.

Be sure to check out Expansions under the User Area
https://www.kv331audio.com/userarea.aspx

image.png.9357f4e07538f1a044da09b00c33c133.png

On 9/2/2024 at 6:23 PM, Rezerekted said:

Freebee for mebee :D

If you bought the Everything Bundle it may be free for you!

• Like 1

Having used multi-timbral synths, samplers, and sound modules for decades, I was happy to see KV331's plans for SM3 included a multiple layers feature such that each layer would be able to have its own midi channel.  After watching the start of this video,** I began playing around with different MIDI I/O channels for the multi-layered presets. Others might be interested, too.

**SonicLAB: Exploring SynthMaster 3 with Bulent from SynthMaster

Edited by User 905133
edits including start time marker in video (0:54) when Bulent starts explaining how to have up to 16 layers--one for up to 16 midi channels, etc.

On 9/5/2024 at 4:04 AM, TheSteven said:

Be sure to check out Expansions under the User Area
https://www.kv331audio.com/userarea.aspx

image.png.9357f4e07538f1a044da09b00c33c133.png

If you bought the Everything Bundle it may be free for you!

I thought I had, but I'm not seeing it anywhere in my account.

Edit: I'm not upgrading for $49. Probably a decent price for such a synth, I just can't remember the last time, if any, I used it.

Edited by Nick Blanc
Extra info

42 minutes ago, Nick Blanc said:

I thought I had, but I'm not seeing it anywhere in my account.

Edit: I'm not upgrading for $49. Probably a decent price for such a synth, I just can't remember the last time, if any, I used it.

Evidently you missed the pre-release sale price that was posted during the SM3 beta period. I feel lucky that shortly after I got SM2, KV331 sent me a direct deal to upgrade to the Everything Bundle. Don't ask me when or how much, but it ended up including beta versions of SM3 as they were made available and as stated when I got the bundle, the upgrade to SM3 (when released) would be free.

In hindsight (based on the progressive betas), it was probably obvious that SM3 was close to ready for release.  I should have gone out on a limb and done a JMO about the pre-release pricing for those inclined to upgrade.  See the July 12th post (below).  I think the conversion of old presets and the addition of new factory presets was a clue that the synth engine was getting increasingly stable.

Of course, if someone wouldn't use it or had SM2 or (SM One) and never found a use for it, even $29 is $29 too much. We all have different uses, wants, needs, and budgets.

On 7/12/2024 at 4:36 PM, cclarry said:

Upgrade from SynthMaster 2: $29 (MSRP: $49)

My guess (JMO) is that there will be sales from the MSRP along the way. 

I have SynthMaster 2 with a few expansion packs. I generally like it, but honestly don't love it. Maybe SynthMaster 3 will become one of my go-to synths, but I'll be waiting for a big discount. I think I paid $69 for Arturia Pigments on sale, so...I'm thinking an upgrade to SM3 will be worth no more than $29 to me.

If there's one thing I've learned is that in this industry especially, the early bird tends to pay top dollar for shiny new things. Then a few months later, the real prices for things tend to come out.

I'll wait.

6 minutes ago, WyleyR said:

I'm thinking an upgrade to SM3 will be worth no more than $29 to me.

If there's one thing I've learned is that in this industry especially, the early bird tends to pay top dollar for shiny new things. Then a few months later, the real prices for things tend to come out. I'll wait.

Mm, I don't know. I paid $26 in May for my upgrade from SM2.

<proverb-galore>Sure, all good things come to those who wait. But sometimes the early bird catches the worm.</proverb-galore>

• Like 1