EMPTY PROCHANNEL

Milton Sica

Question

I don't know how to configure a track so that it doesn't have any PROCHANNEL presets.

I also discovered that, even trying to remove all the "Plugins" from a Preset, the only one that can't be deleted is the equalizer.

I don't want to use PROCHANNEL and I also don't want my projects to load it if there are no "plugins" in use.

What can I do?

10 answers to this question

I just delete all the stuff and save that in the Pro channel where it says "Make this the default"  One of the first things I do with a new install.  I think you have to repeat this for Busses?  The EQ is still there but if the Pro Channel is not turned on it is not doing anything. Nothing is loaded into memory etc.  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Bass Guitar said:

I just delete all the stuff and save that in the Pro channel where it says "Make this the default"  One of the first things I do with a new install.  I think you have to repeat this for Busses?  The EQ is still there but if the Pro Channel is not turned on it is not doing anything. Nothing is loaded into memory etc.  

Thanks ! Is this.

8 hours ago, Bill Phillips said:

Would just turning PC Off solve your problem? 

Hello, thank you for your interest.

In fact, simply turning off the PC did not solve my problem, because if you put a series of plugins on the PC, even if it is turned off, that is, not "used", the application loads them ALL waiting for the possibility that the user turns it on again.

I discovered that the only plugin/module that does not allow deletion from the PC is the Equalizer.

So I am solving my problem by creating an "empty" preset and distributing it to all the TRACKS/BUS

I think if the developers chimed in they would say that the pro channel modules if turned off use possibly 1 KB of data each in the CWP file. I would think it's not any different than having all the other parts of the user interface sitting there. Like the Record button. 

But I'm totally on your side and I dislike they way they clutter up the software with unwanted effects I would never use. I don't like many of the default settings and have to spend time getting stuff the way I want it. All Daw's are guilty of this it would seem.

• Like 1

With all this discussion about SONAR's pricing and the fact that the paid tool clearly still has many errors. Many of them already exist in the free version, I decided to continue using the free tool and to use others that have free versions and are more consistent.

That's why I started eliminating all plugin presets, ProChannel, etc. from my Cakewalk productions, using only the plugins individually.

This has already given me a great advantage in migrating a project from Cakewalk to Reaper, which was the one I chose for this new stage.

We seem to have a lot in common, Only I totally disliked Reaper, couldn't get my head around it,  I chose Ardour. It is similar to Reaper in that it is open source and you can make things the way you want it. You can also pay what ever you choose from a $1 to ??  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Bass Guitar said:

We seem to have a lot in common, Only I totally disliked Reaper, couldn't get my head around it,  I chose Ardour. It is similar to Reaper in that it is open source and you can make things the way you want it. You can also pay what ever you choose from a $1 to ??  

Hey there. I didn't know about Ardour. I'll try to use it. With REAPER it took me a while to understand the workflow, but now I understand and produce well with it.

If Ardour is open source, even better.

Thanks for the tip.

For me it was the more I tried to use Reaper the more I disliked it. Ardour is the opposite. The more I use it the more I like it. 

It's weakest point, like many, is the Midi editing is a bit clunky compared to Cakewalk, Cubase and Mixcraft. I sent them the $45 for the continued upgrade plan as I felt they were creating good software. Harrison Mix Bus is $150+ and is 100% based on Ardours open source code. 

• Like 1