NI Komplete 15 pre-order, includes Kontakt 8

fret_man

7 minutes ago, pwalpwal said:

me too, but i checked some of the others and didn't see it so more likely to be with email/user-sharing tracking

Yup. yesterday I tracked some of the ids to mail-chimp campaigns and in at least one case the third-party vendor's tracking system.

Good morning everyone,

I am not a robot.  I am a Cakewalk user just like many of you.  I was just trying to help fill the void left by Larry.  I just stumbled on to all these sales at PB from an email they sent me.  So, I thought someone can benefit from any one of these deals, so I just posted them all.

Kind regards,

Living Room Rocker

P.S.  I gain nothing for posting these deals.  Just trying to do a service to the Cakewalk community.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Just now, Living Room Rocker said:

Good morning everyone,

I am not a robot.  I am a Cakewalk user just like many of you.  I was just trying to help fill the void left by Larry.  I just stumbled on to all these sales at PB from an email they sent me.  So, I thought someone can benefit from any one of these deals, so I just posted them all.

Kind regards,

Living Room Rocker

P.S.  I gain nothing for posting these deals.  Just trying to do a service to the Cakewalk community.

please just share the general sale page at pb, otherwise it comes across as spam or your wanting to be larry 2.0 (who wouldn't do that) 👍

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, pwalpwal said:

please just share the general sale page at pb, otherwise it comes across as spam or your wanting to be larry 2.0 (who wouldn't do that) 👍

Dude, you are just missing the kind service I am trying to bring to the Cakewalk community.  And I am not trying to be Larry, just trying to fill the void he left.

Living Room Rocker

Just now, Living Room Rocker said:

Dude, you are just missing the kind service I am trying to bring to the Cakewalk community.  And I am not trying to be Larry, just trying to fill the void he left.

Living Room Rocker

11 minutes ago, pwalpwal said:

On 9/3/2024 at 6:53 AM, Carl Ewing said:

As someone who is constantly having to open legacy projects for ongoing multi-season / sequel projects, it's infuriating. 

Native Instruments is infamous for it's terrible backend engineering and file management, and nothing epitomizes this than having to have Kontakt 4, 5, 6, 7...and now 8...installed to open projects going back 5+ years. And then having to have multiple versions of some libraries on legacy drives, because all the nonsense they do in between versions (and kontakt file specifications) means developers need to update conform with no backward compatability.

If I start a day knowing I need to open projects from 2018, I know I'll spend an hour or two just dealing with various Kontakt version not knowing where anything is, even though everything is installed AND linked through Native Access. And if any older libraries have been batch saved to ensure smooth operation in the god awful performance of Kontakt 7, those libraries will no longer work in Kontakt 4, 5, 6, and I will need the original files in order to connect and load in legacy projects. Then there's the wonderful "find missing files" dialogue, that even when pointing it to the right files, it often won't actually load anything and Kontakt will load blank. To solve this? I have to have legacy versions of my DAW installed, so I can try and open the project in the same state is was in many years ago - since sometimes that works - hoping that somehow Kontakt will figure it out - then I can copy the properly loaded project settings into the new DAW session. 

NI is the ****ing worst. I love their products from a creative point of view, but they cost me $1000s a year is lost productivity because their software is so god awfully engineered, with not a damn ounce of concern for how major backend decision will affect their customers, and that they're spitting out Kontakt versions simply to milk their customers base not caring how much  of a nightmare this is for professionals. I could throw a chair through a wall some days with how much time I lose dealing with this nonsense. Now that I hear Kontakt 8 is coming out I've decided to start meditating again.

I can only imagine how frustrating it must be, especially in a professional enviroment. I've only had this issue just yesterday where I opened a project from 4-5 years ago to do some remixing and Kontakt was having none of it. Luckily I named the tracks with the corresponding name of the Kontakt instrument so I could load a new instance and fiddle around with it to get the sound I thought I had. I was just doing a fun remix so it could be a bit different. If I had to deliver the exact same thing, I was probably screwed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Living Room Rocker said:

Living Room Rocker

I appreciate what you are trying to do, but Larry's posts seemed more targeted and focused not pages blasting everything that PB has to offer as a "deal".

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I hate the expansions.  Unless you are using Maschine they are so clunky.  You get samples and a few synth presets, but they put all of these in their own directories without adding these to the preset management systems of the synths in question.

Edited by Magic Russ
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, Magic Russ said:

I hate the expansions.  Unless you are using Maschine they are so clunky.  You get samples and a few synth presets, but they put all of these in their own directories without adding these to the preset management systems of the synths in question.

Which synth?

I recently moved my NI folders to another drive, so as a test I launched the OG Massive (not X) as a standalone app and watched as it deleted (lost) all the expansion banks... %$£#...

However, all I needed to do was go to options and point it to the root folder of all my NI stuff (Kontakt libraries, etc, it's the same folder where all the expansions were stored) and Massive then (slowly!) filled up the preset banks as before.