Isn't This Just Stealing?🤑

Old Joad

Beato's using other people's work in almost every vid he makes, he's shirley entitled to point fingers.

What a fruitcake, I commented on his channel and reporting his vids for copyright claims :)

Edited by Sheens
  • Sad 1
  • Meh 3

It's amazing the amount of music I have listened to over the years that I thought was original work only to find out years later that they were copies or cover versions of older music. the younger generations won't know they will think it's a new tune, it's the trick of it, the slight of hand.

Elvis was almost always copying or covering other peoples music from earlier times I was informed, how many people are even aware of it ?

4 hours ago, Sheens said:

Beato's using other people's work in almost every vid he makes, he's shirley entitled to point fingers.

What a fruitcake, I commented on his channel and reporting his vids for copyright claims :)

I'm really puzzled why you would do that? I think his channel is a gift to real music and everything he's done seems respectful and with fair rights.

Seriously - what do you have against the guy?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, smallstonefan said:

I'm really puzzled why you would do that? I think his channel is a gift to real music and everything he's done seems respectful and with fair rights.

Seriously - what do you have against the guy?

Let me make it easier for you.

Beato makes a Youtube video here using someone else's video and screenshot about INXS/Dua Lipa.

Isn't Beato a thief then ? 

Also, just because Beato doesn't see the original writers in the later song's credits, doesn't proof anything about payment, authorisation etc

He 'fact checks' a word on Wikipedia and while reading it you hear the Wikipedia 'fact' is wrong.

Anyway, I'm fine with you liking Beato and shirley you let me not like him.

Edited by Sheens
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Mr No Name said:

It's amazing the amount of music I have listened to over the years that I thought was original work only to find out years later that they were copies or cover versions of older music.

Led Zeppelin were the biggest plagiarists in rock history. Well, maybe until Oasis came along....😄

They lifted the main riff of "Stairway to Heaven" from a band they opened for (Spirit), covered "Dazed and Confused" (with altered lyrics) by an artist who opened for them (Jake Holmes) without giving him credit, and ripped the lyrics of "Whole Lotta Love" from Willie Dixon.

In all these cases, Zeppelin only compensated and credited these artists after the artists brought suits against them.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sheens said:

Let me make it easier for you.

Beato makes a Youtube video here using someone else's video and screenshot about INXS/Dua Lipa.

Isn't Beato a thief then ? 

Also, just because Beato doesn't see the original writers in the later song's credits, doesn't proof anything about payment, authorisation etc

He 'fact checks' a word on Wikipedia and while reading it you hear the Wikipedia 'fact' is wrong.

Anyway, I'm fine with you liking Beato and shirley you let me not like him.

You're welcome to dislike him - but I certainly disagree with the notion that talking about music on his channel is the same a stealing someone's melody in a song. I suggest you read about "fair use" - it's relevant  here. If what he was doing wasn't covered under fair use he'd get a copyright strike (and has before).

• Like 4