Cakewalk Sonar and the 3 day trial?

Rezerekted

Hello all, say I take on the 3 day trial and I like it and choose to go on with it, from what I understand from my reading it will keep on going and charge you with the monthly rate but how do I go about telling it I want the yearly instead of the monthly, which is what I would choose. I would rather not pay the monthly fee and then have to change over to the yearly. It would have been good if the trial period was longer than 3 days, 2 weeks would have been better to both get a better idea about the program and to give time to have it set up for the yearly instead of the monthly, but it is what it is. Also is it right that when you sign up for a Bandlab Membership that you get access to both Cakewalk Sonar and Cakewalk Next, plus some other stuff which may or may not be useful?

Next, not the DAW Next but my next question, I will be changing over from my current 2 PC's which I will call the old ones to two new PC's. On the old two I had X3e and SONAR Platinum with all the bibs and bobs and REAPER. From what I gather instruments like Z3TA 2, Rapture, Dimension Pro, Rapture Pro and all their addon packs will be installed via the new Command Center app, not sure about the addons, but I suppose if not they could be done manually after the fact? But what about other plugins like the Pro Channel plugins the 2 newer linear phase EQ and Multiband Compressor and the like? I imagine that things like the Boutique FX Suite, the Classic Creative FX, the Engineering FX Suite, the Platinum Core Plugins and the Studio Mixing FX, I don't really care about the Instruments or the Sonitus FX if I never see them again it will be to soon, but I'm guessing I will have to install Platinum again? I was hoping I wouldn't have to regardless of how little space it takes up, it just seems silly to me to have to install something not to use it just to get some plugins, surely that could be fixed so it wasn't necessary? it is what it is I suppose.

I may just install ZETA 2 Rapture, Dim Pro and Rapture Pro and not worry about the FX, I have more than enough 3rd party plugs which are arguably better so there's no real need.

I'm really looking forward to checking out all the improvements and performance updates from the last update going by the reaction to it here. Reading through the release notes was somewhat impressive. If all goes well I might not even bother installing REAPER again. I know there is a few questions in there, but I would be grateful to know if I was on the right path.

Thanks.

• Like 1

@RezerektedNo idea how you change from the trial to the yearly.  I suspect you will be given the option, but contact support. 

Everything you previously owned should be available through the new version of the Cakewalk Command Centre. That should all be installed prior to using the Cakewalk Product Centre to install Sonar & Next 8f so desired. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sign on for the three day trial. Cancel your membership. Sonar should continue to run for the three days. BandLab will inform you your time is up. Select “membership” in the settings dialog ( this is from your BandLab account, NOT Sonar!) Select the yearly subscription option. I was canceling every month, waiting for another yearly discount offer. 25% came up so I grabbed that. 
HTH,

t

Edited by DeeringAmps

Thanks all, I ended up just downloading Cakewalk Sonar and installing that to check it out, I just can't save or export. Going fine thus far, I installed it on my Laptop that I use for the internet. It's somewhat less powerful than the desktops but it's going fine. I think I will just keep checking things out like this for a few days and then just bite the bullet barring any obstacles.

• Great Idea 1

hmmmm, I'm going to have to get the 3 day trial now there is only so much one can take of no saving and no exporting, also running it on the laptop there is only so much one can takes of a single screen even though it's using a 24 inch screen. Going to have to load it up on one of the main Desktop PC's (dual monitors yay) with the 3 day trial now and give it a good work out over the weekend.

Thinking of waiting for a 'deal' when the 3 days run out but I might not be able to :( Hear goes.