Glitching after export

Hello, I'm having issues with glitches or gaps in audio, after I export it from Cakewalk.

Everything fine during playback but after I export (live or not live export), there is often a glitch or a few glitches near the top of the file.

I'm a long time user, I know about buffer size etc. Something else is causing this I believe. I've played with read and write caching, they don't seem to make any difference.

I'm using a combination of UAD plugins (Which never seem to cause issues) and also waves and a few others. Never had these issues before. 

I also try disabling internet/security etc. Sometimes helps but not always. Task manager not showing any large use of disk or memory. 

Curious if anyone has any suggestions I could try.

Thanks

Jono

I've had small glitches in exports when using Waves plugins (especially CLA-76 compressor). I guess glitching starts happening when a certain count of instances is reached (can't say how many, though). Turning off Plug-In Load Balancing in Playback and Recording stops that from happening, at least for me. Sometimes the glitches occur on playback as well.

• Like 1

On 8/25/2024 at 5:39 AM, petemus said:

I've had small glitches in exports when using Waves plugins (especially CLA-76 compressor). I guess glitching starts happening when a certain count of instances is reached (can't say how many, though). Turning off Plug-In Load Balancing in Playback and Recording stops that from happening, at least for me. Sometimes the glitches occur on playback as well.

This seems to be helping! Thanks!

I am combining UAD/Waves/FabFilter and a few other plug manufacturers. Interesting. 

• Like 1