Fit Horizontal for Piano Roll View

Y'know how we have that lovely command in Track View to zoom fit the extent of the project data on the screen horizontally without disrupting anything vertically?

If y'don't know, then next time you want to see your whole project in Track View, hit Ctrl-Alt-F and observe the results.

It would be equally useful to have a command to do the same thing in the Piano Roll view.

Matter of fact, my brain is convinced that it's already there and I find myself reaching for the keystroke only to remember....wah wah waaaaahhh.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

I agree. I remember your similar post from 2021. This has also been a long-standing request from me. Here’s one from 2016. And if I’d been allowed to do so, I would have told you that I also raised that request in the Beta forum just a month ago. There, I even made a picture where I envisioned it like this:

Fit-MIDI-Content.png

But, of course, in order to see the benefit you’d have to work with MIDI. Not everyone does. So, will it ever happen? I’ve kind of lost hope.

17 minutes ago, sjoens said:

+2

And add keyboard shortcut options for them.

Well, that's what I mean by "command." Something you can add to the Custom module and as a keystroke. Doesn't have to be part of a menu, though that's always nice.