Retro Kind of Mood

MichaelJohn

Retro Kind of Mood by Michael John

I recently got Sample Tank 4 MAX and finally made this piece to put it to the test!  Using only Sample Tank 4 MAX instruments.    I wrote this piece 10 years ago originally called "Positive Vibe", with Yamaha keyboard sounds.   I reworked it now with ST4 instruments and featuring the Alan Parsons Imperial Grand, which I like a lot. 

No post-mastering done, I just tweak the mix in the tracks.   All of the effects are from each instrument in ST4.   My instrument list is shown below. 

Cakewalk by Bandlab is a joy to use.   However it would start to stutter and crash randomly as I had all 7 instruments and their individual effects all going at the same time.   Even though cpu and ram not even half way used.   I do have a soundblaster card installed, so that might be an issue, not sure. 

I have to say I'm pleased with the result.   

Photo of piano  by Beth Jnr on Unsplash

Instruments I used in SampleTank 4:

instruments2.jpg

More about the Alan Parsons Imperial Grand:

piano_rec.jpg

Edited by MichaelJohn
updated pic
  • Like 2

Classy tune, very accomplished playing . . . real picker-upper to my day ! Thanks for posting it here !

(LOL, Soundblaster never sounded so good . . . as Wookiee alludes to, things may work better if you use the right audio driver, so let us know what you have set up there in Preferences - Audio - Driver Settings)

Wow! This is great. I get vibes of Vince Guaraldi. The interaction between instruments is so good and there are very clever modulations. I will put it on repeat. Regarding the sound blaster card, is ASIO-drivers available (not ASIO-forall)? They are considered best for any DAW.