UPDATE RESOLVED. Has anybody installed and used the Komplete Start freebies from Native Instruments? I can not locate the installer for the Kontakt 7 Player for Windows.

UPDATE - RESOLVED.  Kontakt 6 Player and Kontakt 7 Player, as well as Reaktor Player, are all happily installed now. Turns out they don't present for installation if the user account has a valid Kontakt and/or Reaktor license. Once we switched to my friend's account, with no such licenses, all of the players presented for installation.

Bob Bone

Original issue:  Howdy - I have a friend with a laptop and am having an issue trying to get him hooked up with free Komplete Start software and sounds from Native Instruments.

I can not for the life of me locate the installer or install process for the Kontakt 7 Player.  I have had the Komplete packages since Komplete 2, MANY years back, and NI has changed things around quite a bit with regard to the Kontakt Player and free libraries and such, but this has me stumped.

I simply can not figure out how to get the Kontakt 7 Player installed on his laptop.  I looked it up online, I have Native Access 3.1... installed on his laptop, and I went through the process of 'Getting' the Komplete Start 'Added' to the account, and it says that Komplete Start is now available through Native Access, and that everything under the 'Home' tab in Native Access should get installed.  We did that, but NO sign of the Kontakt 7 Player, whatsoever.  It did install the Guitar Rig 7 Player, but no Kontakt 7 Player.

Can anybody shed any light on what needs to be done to get this Kontakt 7 Player installed?

THANKS!!!!! :)

Bob Bone

Edited by Robert Bone
Added resolution update

33 minutes ago, sjoens said:

Native Access is opening off screen ATM so will have to fix it later.

Howdy - I am not understanding about your Native Access is opening off screen.  In any case, if you can help me figure out how I can get the Kontakt 7 Player downloaded and installed, that would be VERY helpful.  :) 

Bob Bone

(Fixed.) 

I just installed Kontakt 7 thru Native Access but only the standalone is showing for some reason.

I have install files from last year and will investigate if these can be used.

Edited by sjoens

Very Strange.  Last year's install worked but after reinstalling Windows 10 a few months ago, Kontakt 7 installs as an .EXE and a VST3 but won't scan into CbB/Sonar.

VST3: C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3
Standalone: C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\Kontakt 7\Kontakt 7.exe

Do you at least have the standalone?  

Edited by sjoens

What's more I followed the path to get Komplete Start but it never showed up in NA.

Kontakt 5 still works but NA thinks it needs repaired.  At this point if I click the Repair button, NA is bound to brick it as well, so I'm leaving it as is.

Native Access is a mess these past weeks. They changed some protocols and cut off login from Win 7 1.14.1 users . The same version works in win 10. I had to use a proxy to authorize some libraries and I started backup of .iso installs. Users in Win 10 and more recent NA versions are into some nightmare too.

Edited by Patrick Wichrowski

UPDATE - RESOLVED. Kontakt 6 Player and Kontakt 7 Player, as well as Reaktor Player, are all happily installed now. Turns out they don't present for installation if the user account has a valid Kontakt and/or Reaktor license. Once we switched to my friend's account, with no such licenses, all of the players presented for installation.

Bob Bone :) 

• Like 2

• Robert Bone changed the title to UPDATE RESOLVED. Has anybody installed and used the Komplete Start freebies from Native Instruments? I can not locate the installer for the Kontakt 7 Player for Windows.