BBCSO Core

bitflipper

10 minutes ago, joeletters said:

What's that?  Have the World Health Organisation released a Spitfire Appassionata competitor called Big Legatos And Hairpins?

That is the only version guaranteed mpox-free... all other BLAHs use at your own risk.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, OutrageProductions said:

Altho, I've heard that the new E/W Hollywood Strings 2 is tighter and more chamber-like. Looking forward to that one near BF.

Me too

This video is great

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kitekrazy1 said:

I have yet to install the Musio versions of Cinesamples. 

because...?

I was quite excited for the general buzz around Musio 1, and was looking forward to getting it, until I went and listened to the demos.   To my ears it sounded like flabby overcompressed mush.  

Maybe the demos were badly mastered....?

21 hours ago, joeletters said:

because...?

I was quite excited for the general buzz around Musio 1, and was looking forward to getting it, until I went and listened to the demos.   To my ears it sounded like flabby overcompressed mush.  

Maybe the demos were badly mastered....?

That is not unusual these days.   Cinesamples marketing isn't that great.  I never trust an developer's demos.   They have yet to figure out that walkthroughs say a lot more than some audio file.  Some of these small libraries that represent parts of Europe and there is no walkthrough or anything to educate the uniqueness of a library.

I like what developers are trying to do with their proprietary players but often they fall short of Kontakt.  Many forget that Kontakt wasn't even a close second to Gigastudio.

5 minutes ago, kitekrazy1 said:

That is not unusual these days.   Cinesamples marketing isn't that great.  I never trust an developer's demos.   They have yet to figure out that walkthroughs say a lot more than some audio file.  Some of these small libraries that represent parts of Europe and there is no walkthrough or anything to educate the uniqueness of a library.

I like what developers are trying to do with their proprietary players but often they fall short of Kontakt.  Many forget that Kontakt wasn't even a close second to Gigastudio.

Thanks.   Hopefully I'll find something that shows Musio in a better light.

1 hour ago, joeletters said:

Thanks.   Hopefully I'll find something that shows Musio in a better light.

You can always start a free 30 day trial. 

• Great Idea 1

49 minutes ago, BTP said:

You can always start a free 30 day trial. 

Oh, I'd forgotten that!  Good Call!  Thank you.

edit: signing up and starting a trial was effortless -- no card required, simply download the app and start exploring.  A good start.

Edited by joeletters