RGC Audio SFZ (not SFZ+) No Longer Works In CbB?

The famous sf2 soundfont player from RGC used to work in 64 bit Sonar and CbB, but no more on my Win10 system?!

You can insert it, but it won't load any sf2 files.

The 32bit version in 32bit Sonar still works.

rgcsfz.jpg.9fde3cbb64d01c6bbc57baea926a8bce.jpg

• Sad 1

No worries, just wondering what may have caused this.

I've got several sf2 players, but this one renders sophisticated sounds more faithfully.  Some of them can really slaughter a sound beyond recognition.

• Like 1

Kinda like me I guess... 9_9

BTW, a 64 bit version of SFZ (the one I'm having issue with) was offered thru Sonar Platinum.  It worked fine until recently so it may be a Windows 10 update that broke it.

22 hours ago, sjoens said:

The famous sf2 soundfont player from RGC used to work in 64 bit Sonar and CbB, but no more on my Win10 system?!

You can insert it, but it won't load any sf2 files.

The 32bit version in 32bit Sonar still works.

rgcsfz.jpg.9fde3cbb64d01c6bbc57baea926a8bce.jpg

Try converting to .SFZ with the .wav in a subfolder

Posted (edited)

Thanks Patrick, I've done that to many sf2's but there's one that won't convert correctly.  It's not a big issue 'cause I can still use 32 bit Sonar when needed.

Curious if any other rgc-sfz users have the same issue with 64bit on Windows 10?

Edited by sjoens
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, sjoens said:

Thanks Patrick, I've done that to many sf2's but there's one that won't convert correctly.  It's not a big issue 'cause I can still use 32 bit Sonar when needed.

Curious if any other rgc-sfz users have the same issue with 64bit on Windows 10?

After reading this post I run some tests. Zipped the 2.0 sfz.dll from cakewalk folder and installed the 1.97 32 bits version in my normal VSTi folder and re-scan. In the 1.97 you must avoid SF32 and SF16 modes before loading the .SF2 files. If these modes are selected before, this warning in the 1.97 will appear:

image.png.a343f8d63da5c5293963c3188cacfd5a.png

with the other modes:

image.png.37303cbff0e2bbc5a5400335b1910002.png

Obs: I am on Windows 7.

Edited by Patrick Wichrowski

Thanks for checking.  The limitation you found works for 32bit sfz+ in CbB,  but not for 64bit sfz here on Windows 10.

sfz and sfz+ are different synths that both play sf2 soundfonts.

32bit sfz actually works in 64bit CbB with BitBridge in all modes, so I have that option.

I ran thru all the modes on 64bit sfz but none worked, so it's definitely fouled up somehow.

I also have 32bit sfz+ standalone that works properly in all modes.

• Like 1