[solved] Saved changes over a preset, meant to "save as"

Title explains it. I was adjusting the Big Empty Room preset in my BREVERB 2 Cakewalk reverb plugin and hit save instead of save as. Is there any way to recover the original? I tried the undo but it only undoes changes made to the settings, it did not undo my saving over the preset.

I searched around my c-drive and could not find a folder with the presets. Will I need to somehow uninstall then reinstall the BREVERB? Thanks!

Edited by badt1mes
solved

Try this:

1. Under BANKS, right-click the bank in question
2. Choose Restore from factory bank...
3. Click the corresponding bank
4. Double-click the preset to refresh

Overloud restores the presets from a hidden file called factory-presets.db

Seems there's no real documentation on this.  BREVERB manual shows there's a button in Preferences but the current version omits this. 

Edited by sjoens
  • Like 1

On 8/15/2024 at 2:09 AM, sjoens said:

Try this:

1. Under BANKS, right-click the bank in question
2. Choose Restore from factory bank...
3. Click the corresponding bank
4. Double-click the preset to refresh

Overloud restores the presets from a hidden file called factory-presets.db

Seems there's no real documentation on this.  Manual shows a button in Preferences but the current version omits this

Thank you for replying. I can't seem to find the BANKS function in CbB. Would you kindly be able to point me in the right direction?

On 8/14/2024 at 10:38 PM, OutrageProductions said:

If you don't have a system/file backup on another drive, reinstall is your best bet. 

Hello, thank you. If the BANKS thing doesn't work, I guess a reinstall is in order. So this means uninstalling CbB from my machine and reinstalling? Or is there some way to uninstall/reinstall the individual Cakewalk plugin?

Here's the default settings for that particular preset in Breverb.

Why not just adjust to these settings and re-save as default for that preset? (Check Preferences in Breverb to see if you can over write with confirmation).

image.thumb.png.ed5c25ff66db7914922c376e49506700.png

As another alternative per @sjoens you could RMB on this and restore all presets in any desired bank;

image.png.7cfbf1ea627399d3f31498b5ba7a6a7a.png

Edited by OutrageProductions
  • Like 2

On 8/16/2024 at 12:53 PM, OutrageProductions said:

Here's the default settings for that particular preset in Breverb.

Why not just adjust to these settings and re-save as default for that preset? (Check Preferences in Breverb to see if you can over write with confirmation).

image.thumb.png.ed5c25ff66db7914922c376e49506700.png

As another alternative per @sjoens you could RMB on this and restore all presets in any desired bank;

image.png.7cfbf1ea627399d3f31498b5ba7a6a7a.png

On 8/16/2024 at 2:25 PM, sjoens said:

Thanks.  I hadn't gotten to making a screen shot yet.

@badt1mes the banks function is in BREVERB.  Just right click on the bank in question as shown in outrage's screen shot.

Got it back to normal. Thanks!!

• Like 1

• badt1mes changed the title to [solved] Saved changes over a preset, meant to "save as"