UVI Shade $39 at AD

Pat Osterday

I’m definitely into the world of UVI (now part of FL). 
Falcon, of course, and the expansions, but also their Augmented Orchestra, Synth Anthology, Keys Suite (especially Digital), and the SparkVerb, Plate and Shade FX. 

• Like 2

On 8/14/2024 at 10:11 AM, El Diablo said:

Yes.. I'm going to demo this.  Although, not sure if I need it now that I've got Shaperbox?

You can do a lot of what Shade can do with Shaperbox I think.  Shade has more filter options and a different workflow.  But, yeah, demo and see.  I'd love to get Shade and Shaperbox (I only have Time and Drive shapers and haven't even used those yet!), but haven't used a lot of the plugins I have that do similar things - Output Movement, Reason Synchronous, Logic Phat FX, Soundtoys Filter Freak, Snapheap/Multipass, etc.  Similar reason  whyI passed on the Morph EQ deal. 🤦‍♂️

11 hours ago, Pat Osterday said:

Shade is a little like FabFilter Pro-Q 3 and Volcano 3 merged into one.  Gullfoss is a different type of EQ compared to these.

Hard for me to justify spending $39 on another EQ/filter.  Just got smart:eq 4 recently and have lots of morphing filter options in various other plugins. 🤔

Thanks for reminding me.. I do have smart:EQ 4 that I don't use as much because on several occasions it has crashed my DAW, unlike smart:EQ 3.

I have been waiting a long time to get a great deal with SHADE, and I'm thinking it'll never go that low again, but I kinda want to stop buying EQs and Fabfilter seems to be what everyone says we'll help me stop needing to buy another EQ.  I guess SHADE can't do everything that Fabfilter can do. 

I have an iPad, and Fabfilter total bundle is so cheap for iPad... I'm trying to figure out how to use it on iPad then bring it back to desktop. 

I've tried to push Cakewalk to be my favorite DAW on iPad, but it seems they don't want to do that..

I'm looking for a DAW with PDC on iPad to make it worth getting Fabfilter on it. 

I have wasted money on Cubasis and pissed off at the developers whom won't ever add PDC! I'll never buy another Steinberg product again!

I love Cakewalk and all it's created, just wish it would exist on iPad and make my dreams come true!

8 hours ago, Pat Osterday said:

You can do a lot of what Shade can do with Shaperbox I think.  Shade has more filter options and a different workflow.  But, yeah, demo and see.  I'd love to get Shade and Shaperbox (I only have Time and Drive shapers and haven't even used those yet!), but haven't used a lot of the plugins I have that do similar things - Output Movement, Reason Synchronous, Logic Phat FX, Soundtoys Filter Freak, Snapheap/Multipass, etc.  Similar reason  whyI passed on the Morph EQ deal. 🤦‍♂️

Yes.. Shaperbox is complex, but Shade seems even more complex.  I am starting to think about just keeping Shaperbox.  The ReverbShaper is off the chain and I'll never need another reverb plugin now :)

After doing research, there's things Shade can't do that Fabfilter can do.. like EQ matching.

• Like 1

I guess I decided to get a SSD for my ipad, along with a USB-C powered hub for charging my ipad while my Focusrite is hooked up to it so that I can get 96khz.

Focusrite works with iPad without any addition software!  Plugin play.

I also got the Sk Hynix Beetle x31 SSD drive for moving the projects from windows to ipad.

I've bought Audio Evolution Mobile on iOS, because Cubasis doesn't have PDC!

I will be buying Fabfilter for iOS soon... And then I'll mix / master on it.

I'll create the music samples on desktop, then do all the mixing and mastering while laying down in my bed :)

Can't believe I waited year for a sale on this and I end up not buying it because I talk myself out of it for the real reason, I thought I'd get something like Pro-Q3 , but end up finding it's missing too many features for a perfect EQ alternative.

46 minutes ago, filo said:

What is PDC?

Audio Evolution Mobile Studio's PDC (Plugin Delay Compensation) for audio tracks is a feature that ensures all audio tracks in your project remain perfectly in sync, even when you're using plugins that introduce a delay. 

When you apply certain effects or processing plugins to an audio track, these plugins may take a little time to process the sound, which can cause the track to play slightly later than other tracks. This delay could result in the tracks sounding out of sync, which would affect the overall mix.

PDC for audio tracks compensates for this delay by automatically adjusting the timing of the other tracks so that everything plays together in perfect sync. However, it's important to note that this feature only works on audio tracks and does not apply to instrument tracks. So, while your recorded audio tracks will stay in sync, you may still need to manually adjust timing for instrument tracks if plugins introduce a delay there, for which I didn't ask the developer if he or she has a manual adjustment feature.

• Thanks 1