FL Studio Cloud, LoopCloud, Cakewalk NEXT .. a new DAW trend

aidan o driscoll

Is this a trend one wonders. With FL Studio Cloud and Cakewalk NEXT you get inbuilt access to gazillions of samples and one shots etc, while with Loopcloud it is an OUTSIDE via plugin integration to access the samples inside your DAW.

The interesting extra with FL Studio Cloud is as part of annual sub of $99 you not alone get access to samples but also to a load of 3rd party Plugins with perpetual usage as long as you sub up. It includes DISTROKID sub by default to distribute your music. Of course this is all integrated inside FL Studio, I dont think you can just use these plugins in any other DAW? AND they also supply cloud mastering tools as part of the deal. Of course you can add FL Studio via a plugin inside Cakewalk etc

Cakewalk NEXT is starting down a similar road but for the moment just a samples panel on the right integrated inside the DAW. The general sub for Bandlab has the distro facility also I think.

The new trend then is to supply lots of integrations - samples, plugins, mastering tools, distro tools etc. Defintely pushing toward the sub model with lots of extra baubles, not just a DAW. FL Studio is the "ultimate" so far with this idea. Is this what Cakewalk / Bandlab is striving toward I wonder?

https://www.image-line.com/fl-cloud/

"Get 65+ plugins, unlimited access to loops and one-shots, AI-powered mastering, and distribution, all right inside FL Studio. "

Edited by aidan o driscoll
  • Like 2

Yeah it was a surprise for me, FL became really attractive in my eyes after integration in its ecosystem all those useful things. FL keeps staying "young and fresh" in term of further development.

Edited by Rave Sbor

Magix did this before the rest of them.  Don't forget Garage Band

I avoid FLs because I have everything except loops.  Like I need more of those?

I guess the advantage is instead paying $$$ for a loop library for sounds where you might only use a few of them.  Sample library developers are doing that now.

The drawback to loop subs is no midi files can be auditioned.

Every DAW not named Reaper is like iTunes.

Besides few people have no idea how large the amount of illegal downloads when it comes to loops.  

While Image Line rarely gets money from me I always buy their Flexx presets.  

People always push the panic button on their forum  with these boneheaded models for IL's finances but they assure us their lifetime updates are a success. They on;y way the fail is if everyone on that planet has a license.

They are not into enshitiffication.  They don't mess with Melda, UVI, or WA, 

20 hours ago, Jeremy Oakes said:

What is enshitification ?

It means to make things worse or degrade. It's a word that was probably made up in a similar vein to how 'embiggen' means to make things bigger.

20 hours ago, Jeremy Oakes said:

The Oxford dictionary doesn’t have it.

It's not a formal word and will very likely be frowned upon if used in such contexts.

Edited by antler

1 minute ago, antler said:

It means to make things worse. It's a word that was made up in a similar vein to how 'embiggen' means to make things bigger.

It's not a formal word and will very likely be frowned upon if used in such context.

Except it lies by promising things will be better. 

I mad e up one called stuffed shirts - they look at spreadsheets and ignore the "sheet" they spread.  

• Haha 1