How do create a feedback loop?

Hi dear all,

Is it possible (and how, if yes) to create a feedback loop inside Cakewalk?

Example: I wish to have a loop with a ring mod being fed into a delay, and from there back to the ring mod,  so that with every loop the sound is being changed.

I know there is an application "AudioMulch", quite expensive, which does that. But when my last PC went down I lost this one, and before purchasing it again I'd love to know if there's a chance to do this in Cakewalk as well.

Or does anyone know if there's a plugin that contains this loop?

Thanks in advance.

Feedback Loop.jpg

Drop "feedback" from your search, as that is going to rabbit hole you into a dead end. Creative use of LFO and modulators with side chain capabilities will allow delays and ring modulators to communicate on separate tracks. The summed output would then be on the master output (or a buss). Some FX do allow this internally to the plugin (e.g., MXXX) but they are often pricey and not intuitive.

I would start simply with your tone generator feeding two Aux Tracks, one with a delay, the other with the ring modulator. The side chain is not to "add" to the signal (traditional feedback), but rather to adjust its performance based on what the side chain is seeing.