Delete pedal events in Staff View?

Sal Sorice

Am I missing something, or is it impossible to delete a pedal event in Staff View? Seems like it should be basic functionality.

I know you can do it in the Event List but it would be so much easier/intuitive to do so in Staff View (IMO).

1 hour ago, Sal Sorice said:

Am I missing something, or is it impossible to delete a pedal event in Staff View? Seems like it should be basic functionality.

I know you can do it in the Event List but it would be so much easier . . . to do so in Staff View (IMO).

I was curious about this so I took a very quick look.  Would right-clicking and setting the value to 0 [zero] be helpful?  This can be done in Staff View.

Disclosure: My staff view usage is pretty minimal nowadays--just using it to create or to clean up short music snippets. So I am not sure if there are other options.  I suspect the Staff View editing code is a bit entrenched, so I am not sure a Delete button can be added to the right click dialog that would delete the pedal/sustain control code.

As always, I defer to others who use Staff View more than I currently do. 

BUT WAIT:  I just did something that put a box around the Pedal Event (in Staff View) and then something else that turned it Blue. When it is Blue the delete key will delete the event.  Hmmmmm.

UPDATE: I think I have it.  After right-clicking the Pedal Event which brings up the properties dialog, I closed the dialog box [pressing either OK or Cancel worked for me], the event stayed Blue and then pressing the delete key deleted it.  I am curious to know if that will work for others.

Edited by User905133
successive edits to add details
  • Like 1

Thanks @User905133!!!  You hit upon what works!

This worked for me (not intuitive, but it works!):
> Right-click/hold/drag around the pedal event. Note: You can be in any view (Lyrics, Chords, etc. - don't need to be in Pedal view).
> Event turns blue
> Press delete
> Event gone!

• Like 1

Yes, selective deletion is way easier in the staff view! I have to slide them around from time to time as well.  Sometimes it takes me a few to re-re-re-figure this out again (insert echo 1 beat per quarter note) this out (again) lol. 

Edited by Max Arwood

11 hours ago, Sal Sorice said:

I know you can do it in the Event List but it would be so much easier/intuitive to do so in Staff View (IMO).

As a test, I created some pedal events.   (CC64 > 127 , CC64 > 0)

They showed up correctly in the staff view.  

With the smart tool selected, right drew a marquee around the pedal events and hit delete.

The Pedal events were deleted. 

So yes, you can Delete pedal events in Staff View.

On 8/11/2024 at 8:31 AM, Sal Sorice said:

I don't have Sonar, but in CbB, if you click F 10, that brings up the eraser tool. To revert, click F 9 for Draw or F 5 for the Smart Tool.