Cakewalk Sonar offline activation fails -SOLVED!!

profwacko

I generated the .crq file on my studio computer, imported it into the Cakewalk Product Center app on my office computer, saved the .dat file, which I referenced under the Help menu on my studio computer.

Then, I got the Activation Required box in the lower right corner of the Sonar window, asking me to sign in to my Bandlab account.

When I clicked the Sign In to Bandlab button. I get a box that says Internet connection required. 

How do I proceed?

Posted (edited)

IT WORKED!!

As per Noel B above, here's how I did it:

On my offline studio computer in the Cakewalk Sonar app, I selected Help - Offline Activation - Export Activation Request... and saved the dot-crq file to a USB flash drive.

Then, I installed Cakewalk Sonar on my online office computer and activated it by creating a paid Bandlab membership.

Next,  on the Cakewalk Product Center app (still on my online computer), I clicked on Offline Activation in the lower left-hand corner of the screen.

Then, I selected the Activation Request Cakewalk Sonar dot-crq file, and the CPC created the Activation Response dot-dat file which I saved  on my flash drive.

Flash drive in hand, I went back to my offline studio computer, launched Cakewalk Sonar, and selected Help - Offline Activation - Import Activation Response, and selected the Activation Response dot-dat file that was created on my online office computer.

This activated my Cakewalk Sonar!!

Now, I'll see if I can figure out how to update it to the 30.08.0.019 build.

I hope this helps someone else out there with an offline studio, as I refuse to believe that I am unique and alone in the Sonar universe. >8]

And thanks to Noel Borthwick and all of the others who share so copiously of their knowledge and experience here on these pages.

-Jack (operational again in Central Texas)

Edited by profwacko
Added clarification of saving the response file.
  • Like 3

• profwacko changed the title to Cakewalk Sonar offline activation fails -SOLVED!!