Sonar 2024.08 Feedback

Not Sonar. Its a plugin crash.
PS: It's easy to check this yourself. The crash dialog in Sonar will typically say whether its a plugin crash or not. Your crash message is telling you to report it to the vendor :)
We can't solve crashes in plugin's so this is something you have to take up with the vendor.

image.png

FWIW I've found some Korg VST3 plugins seem to report pitch bend messages differently than other plugins. It might be worth installing and using the VST2 versions.

This is not coming from informed technical knowledge, but from chasing down why a different program couldn't calibrate Korg Collection pitch bend messages the way it did other plugins. So, I could be completely and totally wrong about this. Still, the VST2 approach might be worth a try...

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

@Craig Anderton Thanks Craig. I am very grateful for your gesture of help and your time
Very grateful for your gesture of help and your time. I tried the VST2 don't work too. It is weird. If i open the plugin, create an instrument intance (Korg M1 Vst2 and Vst3) is not problem. BUT When save the session and tried to open dont open. The DAW chash loading the "Synth Data".

14 hours ago, Craig Anderton said:

FWIW I've found some Korg VST3 plugins seem to report pitch bend messages differently than other plugins. It might be worth installing and using the VST2 versions.

This is not coming from informed technical knowledge, but from chasing down why a different program couldn't calibrate Korg Collection pitch bend messages the way it did other plugins. So, I could be completely and totally wrong about this. Still, the VST2 approach might be worth a try...

worth reporting this to the korg dev team, have you shared this info with them, they'd want to know 👍

16 hours ago, Jaime Ramírez said:

I will check if have an update.. I will let you know..

Ran a test today.

Three Instances of Korg M1 version 2.4.1.0 VST 3

Two playing Combi's and One playing a Program.

Recorded MIDI on each track, using split instrument Tracks.

Closed and opened the project inside Sonar. Opened it from my project directory with Sonar closed.

Each track had the PC on, with the N-Type Channel, Channel compressor, except one which had Boz-Digitals +10 Compressor. Quad curve EQ active but not doing anything. Each track had a send to my Global Reverb Buss.

No crashes no glitching very little CPU use

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jaime Ramírez said:

@Craig Anderton Thanks Craig. I am very grateful for your gesture of help and your time
Very grateful for your gesture of help and your time. I tried the VST2 don't work too. It is weird. If i open the plugin, create an instrument intance (Korg M1 Vst2 and Vst3) is not problem. BUT When save the session and tried to open dont open. The DAW chash loading the "Synth Data".

If it's crashing when loading synth data is most likely something project specific with your synth patch that caused the plug-in to crash. This is a plug-in specific issue that the DAW had no control over.

Have you tried saving the plug-in in a different test project and loading it? If it doesn't crash it reinforces this. Also you can load the project in safe mode and skip the plug-in. Then after it loads, recreate the instrument track and load the preset and save again. See if it loads again.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

I tried the demo version for both the vst2 and vst3 version for the M1 plugin, and that worked fine, so as Noel said, this is likely something patch/project specific causing the plugin to crash. You can always load the project without the plugin via Safe Mode (holding shift when clicking open within Sonar). You can send us a copy of the project to see if we get the same results here. If its crashing internally to the plugin, there won't be anything we can do, but we can take a look.

• Thanks 2

1. Okay, you click 'close project' and the whole thing shuts down. Alternative to clicking the open window 'x' to the project also results in same.

2. Doesn't recall last project every single time. Very inconsistent drop down menu on that front. 

3. Loads very very fast, but, when running OZONE 11 in High CPU mode, even with latency slider to right, the playback stops while Ozone 11 analyses the track with nothing playing through (or so it appears). 

Otherwise, fascinatingly good product!

@Jonathan Sasor @Noel Borthwick @msmcleod 

Ok people,,, Here is the thing.....

- I open the project in "safe mode" create a midi track only to put the M1 midi data in this new track create. I deleted the M1 VST. Close the session.

- Open the session in normal mode, create a M1 and import the midi from the midi track created before, make the patch in the M1 again and saved the project and close.

- Now the project open and work fine....

Weird thing.